• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dylan has deteriorated over night,/ Dylan left us in the night/ UD p115

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
His eye has had major changes over night. It is now completely shut and the side of his face is wet where it has been weeping through the night. The surface is completely blue again, where as it had gone red on Thursday from the bleed. I have spoken to the vet and she is not happy to leave it until Tuesday without seeing it this morning as it may be about to rupture :cry: If it needs removal today I am not sure what will happen with it being a saturday :? Plus the chances of it being successful will now be reduced as the risk of infection is going to be really great. I am seriously worried about him, he is such a brave boy and is still eating despite the tremendous pain he must be in :love:

Last edited:
Dylan is home ( its great having a vet 2 minutes away :)) His eye is in a really bad way. He now has 2 sets of eye drops plus we need to give him an anaesthetic eye drop EVERY 2 hours from now until Monday, as well as his previous antibiotics and metacam. He is having the removal done the minute the vets opens on Monday morning. The chances of success are reducing greatly :cry:

Oh no, why is success less likely, is it the infection ? I really hope on Monday it does go well for Dylan.

Infection and the more that happens to the eye the worse the cause is likely to be, ie pus/tumour which will make the op more complicated or inoperable due to tracking to brain etc:?

Thinking of him and you - it's going to be a difficult weekend for you, but at least you have managed to get the meds that will keep him as comfortable as possible. xxx

Poor Dylan, is he a good boy at taking his meds? I really hope all the drugs help, thinking of you and your brave boy xx

Oh no, I'm so sorry. :( I imagine the wait until Monday morning is going to seem like a lifetime for you, but I really hope it all goes well.

Back