• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timmy's had a dental and needs some vibes

Debster

Mama Doe
Timmy has had a bad couple of days. He was off his food on Wednesday, but with some gripe water and tummy massage he was back to normal by the afternoon. But when I got up yesterday morning his stomach was bloated and he was in obvious pain. The vets admitted him to treat the bloat and found he had quite a few tooth spurs on one side so today once he had recovered enough from the bloat he had a dental. I picked him and Pickle up this evening, once the vet was pleased he was eating enough etc. But since we got home he hasn't looked too good and hasn't eaten a thing. I called the vets and they advised to give him some Cisapride and syringe feed him. By the time I got off the phone he looked a little more relaxed, but since I gave him the Cisapride he's gone back to hiding behind the sofa and looking on edge again. :( I think I'm going to see if he relaxes a bit more before I try him with the syringe again, but any spare recovery vibes would be appreciated. This was his first dental.

poor timmy:(

i'm afraid i've not heard of cisapride - is that the same as metacam? i find that eric needs regular pain relief following a dental for a few days, regardless of whether there was any soft tissue damage.

Thank you both

Cisapride is a gut stimulant that works on a different part of the stomach to Metaclop. I think I'm going to end up taking him back to the vets, just syringed fed him and now he's sat behind the sofa facing the wall, just staring at it :cry::cry: I'm so worried

Vibes for Timmy from me :)

All 3 of mine have been to the vet for one reason or another this week :shock: , they have all been quite traumatised by it, but started to come round with their favourite food, greens and carrot tops. Did he get some metacam? Hope he has improved lots by morning xxxx

I hope Timmy is recovering today.

I think sometimes their mouth feels different to them after a dental and makes them a bit reluctant to chew; together with some residual pain once the anaesthetic wears off.

Thank you everyone for the vibes, Timmy is much brighter now and is sat behind me munching some pellets :love: I left him alone for a bit and he started to chill out and look more comfy. I'm going to give him some more Metacam just in case his mouth starts hurting again. Hopefully he is back on track now!

Back