• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

guzzler vs. grazer

Lolly's mum

Mama Doe
edward is a guzzly-bun, put the food in front of him and he will scoff the lot, bella is a grazie-bun, she likes to eat a little and then have a rest and go back for more. the problem is that when bella takes a little "nom-nom break" edward will dive in and steal the food.
how do other multiple bun parents cope with sharing out the food equally?

any advice would be appreciated.

em xx

we have the same problem with our bonded pair ,Hazel and Parsley...Parsley guzzles ,Hazel nibbles... Hazel is not underweight or anything but if i were worried then i would separate them at ,at least breakfast/pellets time.

we have the same problem with our bonded pair ,Hazel and Parsley...Parsley guzzles ,Hazel nibbles... Hazel is not underweight or anything but if i were worried then i would separate them at ,at least breakfast/pellets time.

do you think giving the food bowls on opposite sides of the room would work? to try and seperate them in this house would be difficult as they share the living room.

em x

Luckily both my boys seem to be guzzlers!! I've only just re-bonded them so do worry a bit about one getting more food than the other as I have been so careful at sharing it out before this... Now I just wait until both are in the shed at the same time and then hide pellets in grass and hay all over the place.. I watch them eat so I'd know if one didn't get any. Greedy buns! I worry that they guzzle it all instantly and then are bored andhungry all day! Event hough they have hay and grass all day.

Luckily both my boys seem to be guzzlers!! I've only just re-bonded them so do worry a bit about one getting more food than the other as I have been so careful at sharing it out before this... Now I just wait until both are in the shed at the same time and then hide pellets in grass and hay all over the place.. I watch them eat so I'd know if one didn't get any. Greedy buns! I worry that they guzzle it all instantly and then are bored andhungry all day! Event hough they have hay and grass all day.

Ha, I've thought about doing that.....wilson wolfs his food, and despite the constant attention and toys...seems bored....grr

Hmm.. a friend is looking after my buns this week and I felt really stupid to say 'you have to wait until both buns are int he shed and watch them eat'!! He just wants to throw a bowl of food in and go... I'll miss my bunny boys!! :(

I have bunnies like that. Ruby is a piggy as she scoffs all the food so fast poor reggie often doesn't get a look in. I tend to distract her by putting a big pile of greens in front of her then a pile in front of him. More often than not though she has scoffed hers in record time and is tucking into his pile whilst he is slowly munching. She scoffs pellets fast too (so fast my OH often accuses me of not feeding her and he says she is starving!!! she gets fed well, she just has him wrapped around her little claw) but she often leaves a few for reggie which he is quite happy with as he doesn't usually want many. He loves his hay more.

I haven't really thought of a way round this as Reggie will not eat on demand and if I kept then separate for eating he would be on his own most of the day, he is so slow!!

We ha d 2 buns like that once.
Orly would have his food on his little table that only he could jump up onto and Tulip would eat hers on the floor.
Then when Tulip died he would male his food last all day because he knew it was safe, that soon ended when he got his new wife, then we smuggled him food while she was asleep.
Thing you do!:lol:

Ha ha!! :) Well, coz I mostly watch my buns eat I think they get about the same amount of food... although while they're eating I'm not sure if I could tell if they're eating slowly or not?!! I do worry about them being bored the rest of the day.. when I feed them I hide it all and put it in different containers to make it more of a challenge, btu they still seem to find it all and eat it within about 10 mnutes!!!

Strawberry eats the whole whole of pellets/veg straight away whereas Snowdrop likes to come back to them during the day. When they were bonded Snowdrops illness was much worse as Strawbs was eating all the food and then chasing her constantly putting stress on her. She has never been healthier than now when she is outside, on her own, and left to her own devices.

Back