PDA

View Full Version : Urban Fox Warning- DO NOT BE COMPLACENT

Jack's-Jane
21-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Please familiarise yourself with the dangers Foxes pose to Rabbits in URBAN areas. It is not just a problem for Rural locations and just because you live in a built up area and you have 'never seen any Foxes' THEY ARE THERE

http://www.thefoxwebsite.org/urbanfoxes/index.html

I have just had to chase one OUT OF MY HOUSE again. This happens at least once a year, usually around October/November time.

I have lost a HOUSE RABBIT to a Fox in the past, dont let the same thing happen to you.

rabbitmum
21-10-2011, 09:04 PM
thanks jane...have house buns too .....will be keeping doors /windows downstairs closed and buns/piggies in at night...

Rodentranch
21-10-2011, 09:05 PM
I was walking home last night about 10 o'clock. we saw two foxes playing on the Green the other side of the road to our flat - feet away from buses and the people waiting at the bus stop.

Lucy1666
21-10-2011, 09:13 PM
i hate when people dump them in the coutryside its not fair!! :censored:
putting them near chickens no fair :evil:

mini lop1
21-10-2011, 09:15 PM
good post warning jane, my mum and dad often see them outside mums work up road at night, glad your bunnies were ok

Lillian
21-10-2011, 09:27 PM
Everyone PLEASE listen to Jane! Make sure all your animals are protected (cats included), don't leave animals out loose or in runs/aviaries (unless they are 100% fox proof), don't leave windows open, never underestimate foxes and never think it won't happen to you or your animals.

casperthebun
21-10-2011, 09:28 PM
Everyone PLEASE listen to Jane! Make sure all your animals are protected (cats included), don't leave animals out loose or in runs/aviaries (unless they are 100% fox proof), don't leave windows open, never underestimate foxes and never think it won't happen to you or your animals.

this :wave:

cas