• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

carrot flavoured water

piggies and buns didnt like it but liked cranberry juice..no sugar one ...diluted in their water when they have been poorly

I wouldnt put anything in their water unless they are ill and not drinking. Then it would be PURE not from concentrate fruit juice. I have only ever done this with a small amount of carrot or apple juice when Barney refused to drink on his own for days after his neuter, the only way I could get liquids into him was to syringe him dilute carrot juice and when he got a bit better I put very dilute juice in his bowl. Luckily he has a really strong stomach so the extra sugar didnt cause a problem, but its not reccommended. I only did it as he could have died otherwise. It took a good couple of weeks to wean him off it after, he wouldnt drink normal water after having it flavoured like that.

I would not use cranberry juice because commercial cranberry juice is always diluted and has either sugar, sweetener, or both added, citric acid usually too.

Back