• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

:( Repeated bounce back rescue bunnies (meadowsweet- it's Clover's Doppleganger)

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
Poor Merry and Thumper are back at the RSPCA for the third time! It's so sad. They are the loveliest and most unlucky bunnies we have had. The first time they came back it was due to a tragedy, and the second time is not something I am calm enough to talk about but it's not their fault.

They are SO desperate for their forever home. They deserve some luck at some point!

If I had space they would be here in a shot, but I don't.

They are the nicest bunnies and it's just heartbreaking :(

20110514_49.jpg

20110514_54.jpg

20110322_79.jpg

20110322_88.jpg

20110414_96.jpg

Last edited:
Your perfect home is waiting beautiful bunnies! You deserve the best and that's what you will get. Please keep us updated on these poor poor babies. :(

They are soo scrummy!:love::love::love::love:
Sending lots and lots of forever home finding vibes for these two.
Wish I could take on more bunnies, it's so sad how many there are out there needing homes.:cry:

They are soo scrummy!:love::love::love::love:
Sending lots and lots of forever home finding vibes for these two.
Wish I could take on more bunnies, it's so sad how many there are out there needing homes.:cry:

They are gorgeous.......how would you feel about a long time foster with Wilson? A trio bond? Wilson had a similar experience where he got rehomed twice before comming to me....disgusting...

i can cover the food and, and love & care, its just the medical vaccines I need assistance with till I can change jobs...wils was originally a foster from ARC, but we fell in love:) x

I thought I recognized the lionhead from the quad available ages ago, just checked and yes it's them :? he's so disinctive.

Poor guys, hope they can find a forever home at last.

It's so sad because they are such brilliant rabbits. Great for being around children, healthy, easy to handle, very sociable. It's just so, so unfortunate that they haven't stayed in a home. Hopefully the next home will be perfect, they will be happy and they can live out their days there.

If the offer for fostering was for these, then that's very kind. :) I'm unsure how the RSPCA would view that because it would be complicated with them being bonded with somebunny else from a different rescue, so I suspect, if another bunny was involved they would ask for adoption only.

It's so sad because they are such brilliant rabbits. Great for being around children, healthy, easy to handle, very sociable. It's just so, so unfortunate that they haven't stayed in a home. Hopefully the next home will be perfect, they will be happy and they can live out their days there.

If the offer for fostering was for these, then that's very kind. :) I'm unsure how the RSPCA would view that because it would be complicated with them being bonded with somebunny else from a different rescue, so I suspect, if another bunny was involved they would ask for adoption only.

yes it would be for these two of course if they like each other....I do know a great bonder in the area....she's good with trios x

They are beautiful! Don't suppose you have any idea about the breed of the solid brown and white bun. It's the first rabbit I've seen who looks like they have the same shape of head and fluffy ears like Starfish.

StarfishposeNew.JPG

Can't believe that they are back, hopefully third time will be lucky for them.

They are beautiful! Don't suppose you have any idea about the breed of the solid brown and white bun. It's the first rabbit I've seen who looks like they have the same shape of head and fluffy ears like Starfish.

StarfishposeNew.JPG

Can't believe that they are back, hopefully third time will be lucky for them.

Thumper, his doppleganger Clover (RIP- who belonged to meadowsweet) and Clover's sister (RIP) are/were all pretty much identical.

FlareandClover10-08-0511.jpg

We suspect they came from the same place.

They have normal rabbit fur, but they all have a 'beard'. Looking at Clover, she had blue in her eyes, so they are not dutch crosses, 'just' a vienna marked chocolate.

Their breed is likely to be a lionhead or lionhead cross, but the difference is the fur. The fur is not standard lionhead fur (Clover was adopted into a home with another rabbit called Thistle who was same shape, had same 'longer bits' including beard but looked like a typical lionhead because of the fur), the fur is just standard rabbit fur, but longer in some places. So it's the fur type that makes the difference in these bunnies.

I've not been on for a few days and just seen this thread, I'm so sorry that they've come back to the RSPCA again. They're adorable! :cry: :love:

Back