• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Finally found some nice flavoured panacur for EC buns

ankyferdi

Warren Scout
Hi everyone, Just thought I'd share my success story! Anky my nethie has an EC related problem with her eye. We did the full 28 day course when it was diagnosed for both her and her husbun Ferdi, (so far Ferdi hasn't shown any symtoms). It was complete hell, as Anky hated the panacur and every night was stressful. I eventually stumbled across mixing the panacur with honey and bun safe baby food and she would in the end lick it off a spoon. Any way, last night we went back to the vets and Craig our vet at Chine House suggested that we should do another course of panacur because the uveitus (sp!) had got slightly worse. He suggested I might try the new brand of palatable wormer which is supposed to have an aniseed flavour. I was really skeptical but amazingly she loved it! Fingers crossed it continues and it will be well worth the £17 price tag!! It is made by Genitrix and is in a orange and grey box. Just thought if anybody else had been through panacur hell they might appreciate knowing this stuff it out there and also that it is so worth continuing with the treatment for the full 28 days. Last year, Craig was fairly certain that she would lose her eye and that she had very little/ no sight out of it. With the full 28 days of treatment, Anky recovered her sight and fingers crossed this 28 days course will let her keep her eye for the future.

Is that Lapizole? I think it's great for small buns but if you've got a big bunny, they need a large volume of Lapizole compared to Panacur.

Yes that's the stuff. My two are Nethie and Minilop but yes I bulked at the amount they need to have! I wouldn't want to have to syringe that amount if they don't lap it through choice.

Back