• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone bonded outside rabbits inside?

lilgems91

Mama Doe
Hi, I am hoping to bond my 2 buns tomorrow.

They live outside seperately at the moment, but I have brought them a 2 storey hutch for when they are (hopefully) bonded, which I am in the middle of insulating. I have wooden shutters for the bottom of the hutch and material to insulate it. I have also purchased 2 newton and scratch covers, a snugglesafe and a cover.

Has anyone bonded outside rabbits inside? How did you go about it?

Obviously I will keep the room cool so that its not too noticable for them when they do go back outside.

I would appreciate any help or advice :)

I've done it recently :wave:

I used an indoor rabbit cage (one of those with a plastic tray bottom and wire top, like a big hamster cage). I also made sure I didn't have the central heating on at all whilst they were indoors.

Apart from that, it's just the same as bonding any other rabbits :)

Ooh thanks for the quick reply :)

I was planning on using a pen, and setting it up in my dining room (where neither buns have been)

How long did it take from start to finish? And how long did you leave it before putting them back outside together?

I am going to keep the heating off, and have got fans in case it goes stuffy :)

They mainly stay outside, but I have had Benji in a few times in the kitchen for half an hour to get some exercise, but unfortunately cannot bond in the kitchen, only my dining room. When (and if)! they are bonded would I have to neutralise the kitchen area with diluted vinegar so that ben cant smell his scent and cupcake cant smell his either? Would that work, or if they ever needed to come into the kitchen would I have to section off and expand in time?

I am so sorry for all the questions, its my first bonding attempt and just want it to go smoothly :)

My two were bonded inside and are outside rabbits.

They were inside for 2 days and nights then put into a small hutch for a night, then into a bigger hutch the following night.

They have been together 4 weeks now and are so in love.

xx

My two were bonded inside and are outside rabbits.

They were inside for 2 days and nights then put into a small hutch for a night, then into a bigger hutch the following night.

They have been together 4 weeks now and are so in love.

xx

Aww I'm glad your bonding went well :)

So you kept them inside for 2 days and than transferred them outside? I have got a new hutch for them that neither has been in, but i have no idea when to know they are safe to go in together without any fighting occuring!

My one bun is 6 months old so wanted to get her outside asap, before it starts to go cold. Their hutch is being well insulated though :)

Hi, Yes put them outside after two days as I needed my playroom back for my job as a childminder lol

I dont think you can really know how long it will take until you have started bonding them.

I think I have been so lucky with my two they are (doe) 8 months and (buck) 7 months now, they had been around each other for about 4 months before bonding them I would stoke one and then the other to get their scent on each other.

I only had a bit of fighting at the very beginning where I removed the female for a few minutes then they were fine.

3-BB2FD468-863980-480.jpg

after a day
4-F6F46DCF-815017-480.jpg

Hi, Yes put them outside after two days as I needed my playroom back for my job as a childminder lol

I dont think you can really know how long it will take until you have started bonding them.

I think I have been so lucky with my two they are (doe) 8 months and (buck) 7 months now, they had been around each other for about 4 months before bonding them I would stoke one and then the other to get their scent on each other.

I only had a bit of fighting at the very beginning where I removed the female for a few minutes then they were fine.

3-BB2FD468-863980-480.jpg

after a day
4-F6F46DCF-815017-480.jpg

Naww they look so cute and loved up :love:

Im hoping mine are the same. Slightly worried that I havent managed to get her sleeping outside as of yet though, I have had to wait as she has been spayed etc .. :(

Mine are outside bunnies and have brought them into the kitchen to bond. Mainly because it is very windy outside and rain is forecast and I need to get on with my jobs but still keep an eye on them. The heating isnt on so I dont think theres a problem with them getting too hot. I've been sat here for nearly 3 hours watching them, going on here and dozing (well, it is Sunday :lol:) and no jobs have been done yet!! :lol:

Back