• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rest in peace

Gertie

Mama Doe
We didn't know the beautiful cat that was in my house this morning, but he touched both of our hearts, mine and my partner's.

My partner was driving to a local supermarket this morning when he saw a cat in the road, not moving. He drove to where he could turn around and went back to the cat to see if he was still alive. Sadly, he was not. He'd been left after someone had sadly knocked into him. My partner brought him home and I called the number on his tag. I felt so awful telling his mum that he'd died and even struggled to get the words out for my own address. We wrapped him up and his mum and dad came to collect him.

We're both so sorry, precious, gorgeous one, your mum and dad clearly loved you very much and I am crying for you too. Sleep peacefully. xxx

It is sad but so kind of you to have done that.

Over the years, I lost two cats on a (relatively quiet) lane. One was picked up and someone came to tell me and the other one had been carefully laid on on the verge, well away from the road but visible. I thank both of those people for their thought so I didn't have to arrive home to spot a squished ginger body on the tarmac.

Well done to your partner for stopping, and well done to you for phoning. It must have been such a hard call to make :cry: RIP kitty xx

Thanks everyone.

I've read the messages to my partner. We both found it so sad. I sat on the floor with the cat this morning when I wrapped him up, and stroked him. :cry:

Poor kitty, I'm sure his owners will be very grateful for what you and your OH did. xx

Sleep tight kitty. x

If only more people were like you and your partner - thank you for taking the time to help send the poor puss home.

Have fun in the sun at The Bridge little cat - I'm glad someone loved you x

Thanks for your lovely comments, everyone. I keep thinking of him, he looked like my cat who passed away four years ago. So sad. :cry:

Yvette, his name was on his tag. I didn't put it here in case by some bizarre coincidence his parents were members and I didn't want to step on toes making a thread. :oops: I just felt he needed a thread. I said his name to his mum on the phone when telling her, but she already knew who I meant by just the mention of her cat, so I think they only had one cat. The whole thing was awful. :cry:

Back