• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Autumn is having an acute pain episode :(

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
I'm doing as the vets have instructed when this happens, but if he doesn't improve he will be whisked off later. Just got to warm up the fluids (from fridge temp) and wait a while to see if the pain relief and fluids kick in.

Not good :( He had one in May 2010, one at the start of July 2011 and one now. Getting closer together :(

I'm doing as the vets have instructed when this happens, but if he doesn't improve he will be whisked off later. Just got to warm up the fluids (from fridge temp) and wait a while to see if the pain relief and fluids kick in.

Not good :( He had one in May 2010, one at the start of July 2011 and one now. Getting closer together :(

Poor boy :cry:

Lots of vibes heading his way xx

Sending bucket loads of vibes for Autumn.

He has the best person to look after him bar the vet, so he's in the best hands in my eyes.

I'm around if you need to chat.

Give him a little noserub from me.

What are his symptoms of these Sky?

Fast breathing, lethargy (i..e not being willing to move at all), narrowed, dull eyes, taking himself away from the others, obviously not eating.

This time, I literally caught it within 10 mins of starting so he had his Metacam instantly, still was well enough to take a craisin (my tester food- very rarely given), is willing to move and.... touch wood has just had a couple of nibbles of ReadiGrass and is eaing some parsley and herby stuff.

Time wise I was so lucky because he was fine when I went into the bathroom and when I came out he was in a state. Caught faster than ever, purely by luck.

Thank you for the thoughts :)

**** rubbish Tracy has failed again. Woo. Can't get the fluids into him (yes, I know how **** that makes me). But he is eating so maybe he doesn't need them. Let's hope he doesn't die because I'm a moron :thumb:

**** rubbish Tracy has failed again. Woo. Can't get the fluids into him (yes, I know how **** that makes me). But he is eating so maybe he doesn't need them. Let's hope he doesn't die because I'm a moron :thumb:

we all know how difficult doing that can be. Can't count the number of times i blew a syringe of depocillin all over Ginger.

Blaming yourself isn't going to help you, or Autumn right now.

As you say, maybe he doesnt need them right now.

Just keep your eye on him, you know him better than anyone else.

I'm rubbish with a needle and a rabbit :roll:. Relax, and try again if you think he needs them, but if he's self eating then he can self drink. You can always use oral fluids if you are worried as if he's self eating it's unlikely he's shut down in the same way warranting sub-cut fluids.

Lots of vibes, i'm sure you can pull him through. Well done for catching it so early xx

is he any better? hope so.

merlins a bit quiet today and last night...but like you i test with a treat. They shut down so fast. i agree oral fluids.....

if youve got some bio lapis powder sachets..mix one with 50ml water and syringe it;)

Keeping him on high pain relief has returned him to normal. Thank you for asking :)

(in fact, it's made him better than normal-which, as a side note makes me worry something is affecting him more than I thought- but I was a moron and srtuffed up the barrier they need and after letting them out, by the next time I had returned to my room he had jumped the barrier to my bed and had a marvellous time on my bed and surrdouning areas and had gone to sleep half under my duvet and snuggled up with my fleecy blanket :roll: Thank goodness the area is safe).

Glad to hear he's feeling a lot better.

If there is something else going on, at least you have the right tools to try and work out what it is.

Continued vibes for the squidgy faced little man.

Did you get a photo of this?

Sitting here excitable hoping you did. :D

Sorry, no photos, because as I saw him I called mum and dad to come and see him and he thought it would be a marvellous idea to try and jump frm my bed, over the barrier and land halfway in my room. So I have to catch him. I have the equivalent photo of somebunny else doing almost the same thing. I'll have to see if I can find that.

Back