• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

the panacur question

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
as many will know when i came back from hols and first saw mabel poorly, i started her on oanacur, just incase, anyweay today is day 8, should i continue and do a 28day course, as i normally do when i have ever had an existing rabbit then introduce a new bunny, or leave it at day 8 and finish giving it her?

i keep thinking do 28 be on safe side (although she isnlt showing EC symptom)

Last edited:
Was she on Panacur when she had the blood test ?

If so that could be why her Liver enzymes were abnormal...............

Back to your question, personally I am not a fan of Panacuring on a regular basis and would not do so if the Rabbit has had one 28 day course on arrival here. I think overuse of Panacur is more likely to do harm than good.
But that is just my unqualified opinion and only your Vet can advise re what to do for Mabel :)

yes she was but the vets knew day 1 of it ion first bloods took , and on her second blood tests while on day 4 of it her liver bloods improved

i'll speak with her vet , thanks i don't do the buns routinly for like worms or anythig likw some do, i try to stick to that one off 28 day coruse when new :thumb:

Back