• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I modified the bunnies housing! :-)

PeachyDragon

Young Bun
I used corroplex/corroplast to build some levels, put in a solid floor and make a ramp and a section for her to sleep in.
She loves it way more now and relaxes inside even when it's open often now. It looks small on the pic due to the angle but
it's sufficient for now. The sleeping space at the back takes up a third of the space and she can go to the top part above it as well.
I also added chewing wooden blocks with parsley in as well as a salt stone and two kinds of mineral/vitamin stones.
I let her run around the house when I'm home. I bunny-proofed so she could run around at all times but her behaviour has stopped that.
More on that in the behaviour section.
The second photo shows the new stones and chew toys sortof.
house.jpg

house2.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe getting her spayed will calm her attitude down. But I have never kept a house rabbit so maybe some one who has will come along shortly and give so of their advice.

I've considered a digging box... what must it be? a low box with a yellow pages in it that she can tear through?
I don't think I have the space for 2 bunnies. Basically she doesn't have her own NIC area. We basically need to share space since
I'm in a bachelor flat. Besides, I like that she can jump on the couch with me when I'm watching movies etc. The NIC
just keeps her away from electrical wires. They are quite pricey, I suspect because in SA I'm buying them at a higher price
due to import fees and such. I still wouldn't want to leave her out when I'm not here. If she falls off the one table she will still be behind the
panels by the electric wires.

Thanks! Unfortunately she's not quite as dwarf-like as I would like. She's probably going to be half the size of a normal rabbit... So in a month or two I will
have to build her a proper C&C cage which is costly over here. And then I will need to recreate that interior

I don't actually have a clue. One of those cases where someone who new someone I knew gave away some bunnies that were born at the school she was teaching at.

Fair enough, i'm not sure the breed of any of my buns, i know 2 are lionhead crosses, but that's only because of their hairy necks lol

But it's true that she is a gorgeous bunny... I wish she was a bit more shy and bashful like she was in the past. :)
Now she jumps everywhere... she can jump over a meter high so there's no point in bunny-proofing any more for the most part. She chews a lot
and she somehow has decided it's okay to poop on the couch despite being perfectly trained to pee only in her hay box and to only poop
there 99% of the time. She's still adorable though.

Cute bunny! :)

My bunnies love their digging box; I've filled a cardboard box with lots of yummy hay, sprinkled some pellets and some dried dandelion leaves n' stuff, and a couple of treats for them to find. :D

Back