• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

have you ever?????

cooldarls

Alpha Buck
Have you ever been offered money for your bunny?

mum know lots of people around by our house and she loves talking to anyone and everyone. The other day she was talking to one of the old ladies who lives a couple of doors down and they were talking about the bunnies. her son used to have them but stopped cos of work. Mum told her how Barney and Bracken had grown since we got them and as the neighbour doesn't get out that much I said i would take them round to see her. She loves having them on her knee and strokes them while we talk, the bunnies love the fuss but i normally take Boo cos he is smaller..... anyhoo

I took Barney and Bracken to hers and when we were there her son turned up. he loved the rabbits and said the chocolate otter which Barney is, is a very rare colour and if i got bored of him, he would be happy to take him off me. When i sort of said 'WWWWHAT!!!!!!!!' he said that he would give me £300 for Barney cos think of the money he would get from his off spring. realising what he was saying i informed him that my boys can't have children and he said I shouldnt of done that to a chocolate otter as they are rare.

sorry but i dont get my bunnies to breed, i get them cos i love them and having the snip is the best thing. cant believe he was so upfront. He reminded me of a villian in a disney film.

just wondered if anyone else had ever been asked to sell their bunnies

Blimey no I haven't, but I'd be very shocked if someone did that. They're not just things to sell when you get bored, no amount of money would persuade me to hand them over :evil:. Good on you.

Yeah...Id flog all my lot anyday.........:roll::roll::roll:
Parrot included.....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

when i came back and told mum she said I should of said yes, she said next time they eat her plants she will be saying yes lol. she loves them really.

i would never get rid of my bunnies, they are part of the family and a big part of my day. they listen to your problems and worries and never complain when you go on and on and on. they give unconditional love too.

Thinking about this fella who we know when we were growing up and he wasnt a person you talked too then, i wonder if he is a breeder or something to do with the rabbit shows. feel like putting an alarm on my bunnies now incase he sneeks in lol

Cruella eat your heart out lol

Chocolate otters not rare :lol: I've not been offered money for mine but I've been offered money a few times to take mine to do jumping displays

What a strange bloke :shock:
Even if chocolate otters were rare, surely nobody would actually pay £300 for a specific breed or colour?:?

Nobody has ever offered me money for my rabbits. I don't think anyone I know has any interest in keeping rabbits, except my mum who wants to in the future.

How strange, £300 is really excessive! Oh and could you post some photos of your chocolate otter, I love them! :love:

Back