• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Genevieve has a growth/ operation today

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
One of the starlight babies that came to us has a growth on her abdomen, gutted as they are doing so well and growing at a huge speed :(

The day before her appointment she knocked it or it split either way it ended up infected. Because of the infection the vet couldn;t make out exactly what it is. She is on antibiotics and is going back nest Tuesday for it to be reassessed :? She may then need an op to remove it :(

Its looking better than it was infection wise but I am still worried

PA200839.jpg

BunnySoreSpot.jpg

Last edited:
Poor girlie. Sending vibes for her. xx

If she needs an op at least she is in much better shape generally to cope with it.

looks like a haematoma thats caught on something doesnt it? very odd.

i hope she gets rid of it asap and is going to be ok..my big bluebell had a werid lump appaear but it rose up out of the flesh and fur....the vet thought it was cancerous tumour as it was anchired not free floating like a lot of lumps are and easily removed. It turned out to an infiltrating fatty lipoma and she couldnt get rid of it all becasue it had spread down into blood vessels etc.

but hers was on her shoulder where she couldnt quite reach it to touch it..but a little bunny reaches their tummy very quickly and im guessing whatever it is shes been nibbling at it rahter than it catching ont hings?

Unfortunately Genevieve does need to have it removed and sent off for analysis, cancer can't be ruled out :(

Oh dear. :( She's such a young bunny to go through this, but as I've already said at least she is in better shape now. Is she having the removal done straight away?

I am so tired I don't know if I can go through the stress of another operation tomorrow. Genna wasn't suppose to be neutered because of the high GA risk due to her family history :(

Is it possible for a 5 month old bunny to even have cancer :? :(

I don't have anything useful to say. I'm so sorry this has happened but hopefully it will all end up being nothing. Sending hugs for both of you xxx

I am so tired I don't know if I can go through the stress of another operation tomorrow. Genna wasn't suppose to be neutered because of the high GA risk due to her family history :(

Is it possible for a 5 month old bunny to even have cancer :? :(

I did wonder that. :? I suppose if you translate her age into human years, well children do sadly get cancer. Sending lots of positive vibes for tomorrow. xxx

Thanks Susan. Genevieve is at the vets now, along with Gabby for company. As her mum died under GA and her siblings died of suspected heart problems it is not going to be a relaxing day :cry: I shall be waiting nervously by the phone again today

Back