• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Total nightmare but we are getting there slowly and it is so worth it

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
A couple of weeks ago we decided we could no longer put off the bunny room revamp. It was suppose to be a revamp weekend but 2 weeks later we are still trying to finish it

It involve moving out all the bunnies and all the furniture into the rest of the house, which would be Ok if Dave and co didn't own the lounge and I was trying to bond a trio at the same time in the dining room!

First we changed the carpet, painted a few walls and half the ceiling ( don't ask!) then it was time to build the hutches - it took a week. It took us 2 days just to work out which bits went where as there were no instructions and each hutch was made differently. Then we struggled to find the stable matting we needed for them but we got there in the end. 2 days ago the buns moved in and they are so happy

we still need to paint the other half of the room and the other half of the ceiling as well as put more furniture together. The hutches need some cosmetic touches finished off but at least they are up and running and we have a new happy trio :love: Things would have been better if I hadn't put my back out in the middle of it and spent 3 days barely able to stand and it is still hurting but at least I can move about a bit now

Anyway, here are our £50 hutches - a complete bargain

PA100775.jpg

PA110777.jpg

PA130791.jpg

Humph showing off the size of the biggest hutch
PA110779.jpg

Stable matting going in
PA180799.jpg

Ready for first lot of bunnies
PA180800.jpg

Larry, Angel and Rosie Pippin move in
PA180802.jpg

PA180804.jpg

PA180805.jpg

PA180806.jpg

Dylan and Bobbi move in
PA180807.jpg

PA180808.jpg

PA180809.jpg

Humph finally moves in
PA190817.jpg

PA190816.jpg

And for the first time ever the Rainbow Rabbit towel mountain is organised :lol:
PA200835.jpg

PA200836.jpg

I can't tell you how pleased I am with it all. When I first put Bobbi and Dylan in I nearly cried with happiness :oops: I am so pleased all the dog crates are gone and we have something specially designed for them. The stable matting is great as they all have buns in with mobility problems. I can't wait until the whole room is finally decorated

Love the hutches...£50 is a bargain! :)

We've got a mountain of bedding too. At the moment we've got it piled on top of Dominic and Gypsy's crate, but that shelving you've got looks ideal...I might steal your idea! :lol:

Love the hutches...£50 is a bargain! :)

We've got a mountain of bedding too. At the moment we've got it piled on top of Dominic and Gypsy's crate, but that shelving you've got looks ideal...I might steal your idea! :lol:

It was just a cheapy shelf unit from argos, around £30 :) Ours were also piled on top of dog crates. I am so happy to finally have everything organised, its only taken 10 years :lol::lol:

And yes the hutches are indoors, in our spare bedroom, which is why they have no sleeping compartments. They get the luxury of central heating as they are some of our oldest or most disabled bunnies:)

wow looks really great! Wish I could have something similar!! Where did you get those cute beds with the ears on them :)? x

It was just a cheapy shelf unit from argos, around £30 :) Ours were also piled on top of dog crates. I am so happy to finally have everything organised, its only taken 10 years :lol::lol:

And yes the hutches are indoors, in our spare bedroom, which is why they have no sleeping compartments. They get the luxury of central heating as they are some of our oldest or most disabled bunnies:)

Awww thats lovely. Everyone keeps saying its going to be another very cold winter.

Those hutches are a bargain at £50!

Hope your back feels better soon!! At least if you have to lie down flat on a hard surface you can do it watching a bunch of happy bunnies!!

Awww thats lovely. Everyone keeps saying its going to be another very cold winter.

We have those 3 hutches inside, plus dave and his friends have a pen in the lounge, although they free range all day ( if you can call sleeping in the middle of the floor all day free ranging :lol:). We have moved Frank indoors into a temporary cage as we heard how harsh the winter is going to be and he has a tenancy to turn blue with his breathing so want to keep a closer eye on him. Humph and Frank share free range time in the bedroom and the other 2 hutches have 6 or 7 hours free range time each in the dining room, which is more than enough as both sets of rabbits have buns with badly deformed legs so they get tired easily :)

We have those 3 hutches inside, plus dave and his friends have a pen in the lounge, although they free range all day ( if you can call sleeping in the middle of the floor all day free ranging :lol:). We have moved Frank indoors into a temporary cage as we heard how harsh the winter is going to be and he has a tenancy to turn blue with his breathing so want to keep a closer eye on him. Humph and Frank share free range time in the bedroom and the other 2 hutches have 6 or 7 hours free range time each in the dining room, which is more than enough as both sets of rabbits have buns with badly deformed legs so they get tired easily :)

Its amazing how lazy bunnies are. When someone says freerange you imagine bunnies running around like mad, when in fact they love nothing more than to spread out somewhere. Especially when they get older. Sounds like they are very happy. :)

Forgot to add that as the bunnies are now neat and tidy on one side of the room we have also managed to fit a single bed in on the other side. This means if we have really poorly buns one of us can sleep in with them :)

Last night Steve slept in there to keep a watch on Dylan because of the bleed in his eye

:love: It looks amazing, Liz - the bunnies look tiny, those hutches are so huge!! :lol: Never mind a single bed, you could probably sleep in the hutch. :lol::lol:

Back