• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Giving Fibreplex & advice on ProC

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hey

Molly's on a course of anitbiotics, so I asked the vet if she should be having probiotics, and the vet got me some Fibreplex. I've heard of it but I've never used it before. Is it ok to put onto a SS pellet? I'm only planning to feed her for 2 days (2mls 3 times a day) just to help her gut a little. As she seems to be on antibiotics most of the time lately, should she be having a more regular probiotics, such as ProC? I've read this has to be put in drinking water. Is it ok for non-medicated rabbits to have the same water (ie Milly)?

Don't know about the other probiotics, but Barney takes fibreplex straight from the syringe, he goes mad for it, its carrot flavour.

giving some on an ss pellet is fine but you wont get anywhere near enuogh on one

you could try putting it on a basil leaf or something similar.

re the proc ive not heard of it, so cant really comment.

Pro C

Hi,

My bunny who has had long term gastric problems has pro c in her water daily. I just add a spoonful to every 300ml of water. She loves the taste of it so much she won't drink water without it:lol: You can buy it at some large pet shops and online.

Even my quiet friendly bunny wouldn't take Fibreplex. I resorted to painting it on to their paws and front, so they'd lick it off when washing themselves after medicating.
My two both much prefer Bio-Lapis probiotic powder. I put it on their pellets and they even lick the remaining powder out of the bowl once the pellets are gone. I also used to put it in their water, but stopped as they were more than happy to take it with pellets.

Back