• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do anyone else's bunnies prefer the cold?

HS

Wise Old Thumper
Mine are much more active and a lot bouncier in the colder weather, particularly when it gets down to around 0 degrees.
I do worry about them in the cold, particularly Salt and Pepper who are now 7 years old. Topped up with lots of straw and hay last night, but they're ignoring it and bounding around on the bark chippings (which had slightly frozen over!).
Barmy bunnies!

During the day time all of mine are choosing to stay inside their sheds and sit in front of their sunny windows.

Mine are all getting on a bit now (all between 5 - 11 years old) and they seem to like to be out of the cold. Only the giants are still sitting outside at bed time (8pm), all the rest are snuggled up inside.

I was worried about mine being cold as they never seem to sit in their hutch. So I got a cardboard box and cut a couple of holes in it (their favourite toy) and put it under their hutch in the run. Before I went to bed I gave them their spring greens and got a massive handful of straw and tried to put it in the box. Nora heard me and actually left her food to come and see what I was doing, and she wasn't happy! She just started pushing it back out of the box and chewing it all into little bits! By the morning, the box was empty again and the straw was everywhere! I guess they don't want somewhere warm to snuggle :lol:

I found a bunny bum-shaped hole in their hay in the day part of their hutch this morning :love: they don't seem too bothered by it, still loving their bunny 500s around the garden when I let them out, albeit it's only for about 10 minutes post dusk now when I get home :(

My chinnies are certainly loving a much cooler home, they are much more active. Not much diffence with Cutie-pie.:lol: She is essentially lazy. Although it probably isn't much different being inside.

Yes my two are bouncy bouncy things too! They never like my lovely snuggy places I make for them either! Am hoping when it gets really really cold they will like them! I worry about them being cold but they don't seem to be at the moment!

I don't know if mine prefer it but it certainly doesn't seem to bother them, those with playhouses rarely go in them , much prefering to be outside wheter its sunny, windy, raining or snowing .

I don't know if mine prefer it but it certainly doesn't seem to bother them, those with playhouses rarely go in them , much prefering to be outside wheter its sunny, windy, raining or snowing .

Ditto - mine too. They often like to retreat to the sheds during the middle of the day but from late afternoon through to early morning, they will be found outside. Even if it's freezing :shock:. I don't really know why we worry so much :lol: but both my bunny sheds are heated because it makes me feel better and I don't have to worry about frozen water bowls.

Mine seem to prefer it - I've even had some binkies from Alfie in the last few days, which is a rarity!! :lol:

Back