• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Could this be used to store hay?

Doubtful, it'll sweat in there and you'll end up with problems with mould etc :wave:

Need something that it can breathe in if i remember rightly!

Doubtful, it'll sweat in there and you'll end up with problems with mould etc :wave:

Need something that it can breathe in if i remember rightly!

How do people get away with using wheelie bins then? This has vents either side by the looks of the photos

Yes it is fine to use i've used one for 7 years with no problems whats so ever my hay stays lovely and fresh

i use similar for storage but its bigger and has 2 doors on the front and a lift up lid. there are air vents and the lid has a good catch thingy on it which i leave slightly open (not to the elements but to let air circulate).

i've had no problems storing hay in mine:)

i use similar for storage but its bigger and has 2 doors on the front and a lift up lid. there are air vents and the lid has a good catch thingy on it which i leave slightly open (not to the elements but to let air circulate).

i've had no problems storing hay in mine:)

The mini shed that sounds like i also have one of those and also store hay in there to with no problems

This looked interesting, and the only drawback I could see was that it got two "two star" reviews for being flimsy and letting the water in. And there is a hefty delivery charge (understandable!).

I wonder if there's something similar in Homebase?

You got me thinking now .. I'm always looking at storage options ;)

This looked interesting, and the only drawback I could see was that it got two "two star" reviews for being flimsy and letting the water in. And there is a hefty delivery charge (understandable!).

Mine is keter make really good quality if i remember rightly they sell them in homebase

The delivery charge isnt hefty, but yes, I read those reviews after posting it on here.

I have one similar to this and it stores our bales of farm hay perfectly :D

However, it is stored inside our garage and I'm not confident that it would be watertight enough for outside storage use.

I have one similar to this and it stores our bales of farm hay perfectly :D

However, it is stored inside our garage and I'm not confident that it would be watertight enough for outside storage use.

Mines kept outside has been for 7 years and still going strong

Back