• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for the Foster Buns Please! (Pics!) UD p44 Marshall's Gone

Captain Helen

Wise Old Thumper
Marshall and Josie both have ops today.

Marshall is having a tumour removed :cry: He's about 9 1/2 years old, so I'm a bit worried about the GA. The vet is confident she can remove it though. Sophie has gone with him to keep him company :)

Josie is in for her spay. She's finally put on enough weight and is well enough for it. Hopefully she'll be able to find herself a boyfriend and a forever home soon! :)

Some pics to focus your vibes on!

Marshall and Sophie, enjoying some noms...
MandS94b.jpg

You can see Marshall's tumour here...
MandS100b.jpg

Marshall enjoying some hawthorn...
Marshall49b.jpg

Marshall in the bed he's destroyed!
Marshall55b.jpg

Marshall on the 'grooming table' (the tumble dryer!)
Marshall57b.jpg

Sophie enjoying some noms...
Sophie46b.jpg

Josie enjoying some noms...
Josie237b.jpg

Josie238b.jpg

Josie239b.jpg

Josie252b.jpg

Josie253b.jpg

Josie looking chunky!
Josie259b.jpg

Josie263b.jpg

Josie265b.jpg

Josie266b.jpg

Josie having a kiss from mummy!
Josie268b.jpg

Josie wearing the readigrass!
Josie276b.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you :) Josie does get a little over excited about readigrass! :lol:

The vet said to call at 1pm if I haven't heard from them. I hate the waiting...

Josie is fine... Marshall hasn't had his tumour removed :( I don't know why. They said the vet will call me around 2pm to discuss.

Poor Marshall :cry:

Good news for Josie, she sure is a little stunner.:love:

That's a pity for Marshall. Lots of vibes that all is right with him.

I've just spoken to the vet... and I'm a bit :shock:

Josie has no reproductive organs! No scar, or evidence they've been removed. Plus she has an 'abnormal vulva', or possibly a penis that hasn't formed completely?!

Her rectum and colon are extra large, and her caecum is 'pocketed'. She's quite deformed down there, which I guess explains her caecal problems and diarrhoea. Basically, she's a medical freak! :shock:

The vet thinks 'it' looks slightly more like a vulva than a penis, so we're sticking with female! :lol: Weird, considering I've read on here about two hermaphrodite bunnies in the last couple of weeks!

As for Marshall, the tumour has changed in the last week. Metacam has shrunk it slightly, but it's now more firmly attached to him. The vet doesn't think she can safely remove it. The surface has also ulcerated. He'll be on Metacam and Baytril until the ulceration settles, and then long term Metacam.

The vet thinks it will continue to grow. At some point it will affect his walking. She said best case, maybe 6 months, worst case maybe only a month or two. :cry: I'm heart broken, for Marshall, and for his loving wife Sophie :cry: I guess this will be his forever home now :cry:

Nylorac

Oh that is so very very sad. But you are obviously a very caring person and Marshall has been so very lucky to have had you in his life. God Bless

Im sorry it wasnt better news for Marshall, hes a gorgeous bun and also very sad for Sophie..

:shock: at Josie - I dont know what to say :lol:

Thank you. I was expecting it all to go so smoothly. Wasn't expecting such a double shock!

I don't know how this will affect Josie's chances of finding a forever home. It was already difficult enough, with her not being able to eat veg or grass. How would another bun bond with her? I'm guessing since she has neither male or female reproductive organs that she won't have any sex hormones? Would another bun know what to make of her? How would she react to another bun?

Would anyone be willing to even take the risk of bonding her? :( I have no idea!

Thank you. I was expecting it all to go so smoothly. Wasn't expecting such a double shock!

I don't know how this will affect Josie's chances of finding a forever home. It was already difficult enough, with her not being able to eat veg or grass. How would another bun bond with her? I'm guessing since she has neither male or female reproductive organs that she won't have any sex hormones? Would another bun know what to make of her? How would she react to another bun?

Would anyone be willing to even take the risk of bonding her? :( I have no idea!

So essentially she hasn't been spayed or neutered ? :shock: But then again can't get pregnant or get a bunny pregnant. I wonder how her hormones work.

It wouldn't bother me if I was bonding. I guess the most difficult thing would be her feeding. But then again if she doesn't eat veg and grass it doesn't matter as the other bunny would eat it.

So essentially she hasn't been spayed or neutered ? :shock: But then again can't get pregnant or get a bunny pregnant. I wonder how her hormones work.

It wouldn't bother me if I was bonding. I guess the most difficult thing would be her feeding. But then again if she doesn't eat veg and grass it doesn't matter as the other bunny would eat it.

There was nothing to remove, so they just stitched her back up! Hopefully she'll recover quicker.

I'm not sure how hormones work :oops: I think that if you don't have the sex organs you don't have the sex hormones? I could be very wrong about that! :oops:

I guess another rabbit would accept her like she was a baby? Maybe since she hasn't developed she's sort of in a permanent childlike state? All so confusing!

Poor Josie, doesn't know if she is Arthur or Martha but you are right she should heal more quickly as they haven't taken anything out. How bizarre. Wonder how that works with wild bunnies ? Least they won't be worried about children.

Maybe it's due to bad breeding, so it doesn't happen to wildies? I was so worried about her being pregnant the first month she was here! :lol:

Foster buns are all home now :) Marshall and Sophie are fine, well it was just a day out for them! Josie is looking very sorry for herself :( She's pooping, so she must have eaten at the vets, but she hasn't eaten here yet.

Oh, and I bumped into Zahirre and her partner at the vets! :)

Maybe it's due to bad breeding, so it doesn't happen to wildies? I was so worried about her being pregnant the first month she was here! :lol:

Foster buns are all home now :) Marshall and Sophie are fine, well it was just a day out for them! Josie is looking very sorry for herself :( She's pooping, so she must have eaten at the vets, but she hasn't eaten here yet.

Oh, and I bumped into Zahirre and her partner at the vets! :)

You did bump into us!!!!! :D Was great seeing you and I'm serious about another meet up! (or, maybe cos I'm so skint, a girlie-ish night in - can't be fully girly, you'll probably be drinking pints again! :lol: )

I am so sorry to hear about poor Marshall :( That really sucks. In all honesty though, you're an amazing foster mummy so it's fantastic that his forever home is with you!

Just have to say, Jo is LUSH :love: Why I didn't go to Tower in the first place is beyond me! The receptionist has even said she's going to ask Jo to have a word with the partners about bun discounts for vacc's as there's so many of them! I'm sooooooooo glad you recommened them to us! Thank you soooooooo much :D

Huge hugs though for you and marshall :( xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back