• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fingers crossed for berties vet visit in the morning.

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
Poor old mans all snuffly and stuffy again....but can still smell wholemeal toast in the toaster! seriously im always worried sick.....he ran low on bisolvon so i ordered some but ended up with missing doses till i could get more from the vet.
Long story but i had an agreement for pet plan direct payments to vets..somehow paperworks gone missing..yet again! I was terrified theyd refuse to see him unless the outstanding bills had been paid..

i had a nasty fit today...came round after 2pm and was so late but gave bertie his meds....he was so snuffly and i could see food dust had collected on damp spots under his nose:(

the vets have let me have an appointment for tomorrow morning..well in a few hrs as it is now! im going to ask for the 6 week depocillin course...and have gill come to the house to give them to bertie.

wish him luck...and me! im leaving bluebell at home..shes still stressed over having the OT come into the house:( so itll be just me and lord betram..aka......bertie:love:

Hope the visit goes well and you get the course of abx. Sorry to hear you had a bad time though, it must be very hard to cope with.

Good luck, Debbie.

If Gill ever can't come and give Bertie his meds, I am happy to come over and do it.

:wave: thank you..no harder than anyone else to cope with im sure:wave:

thank you karen hun..ill bear that in mind..thank you for the lovely offer:thumb:

well by the time he saw the vet this morning he was squeaking and squawking through his nose like anything. I then saw he had thick white snot coming out of his left nostril.
The vet let me look down berties ear with the otoscope....amazing....he has normal bunny crustings so teeny...his ears are otherwise clean..phew.

The vet said hes seen more positive results with alomycin...prefer to use it in berties case as hes responded well to it each time hes had two shots. This time hes got 2 week course..one on monday one on thursday...seeing as he had a jab already today.

his butt was a mess..stress of the OT coming into the house freaked bluebell out and therefore stressed bertie out. Im positive thats what brought on the symptoms again.

the vet described him as a grumpy old man yup its why hes always remided us of my dad who died in 2006..he throws wobblers and shakes his jowels and his pink ears go ruby coloured then purple when hes really mad..just like my dads ears and face used to:shock::lol:

I know everyday every moment with bertie could be his last..but were respecting his..go away im sleeping..go upstairs we want alone time.....give me attention NOW. As we do normally....the big old lug is loved soo much...and has always spent more time asleep than any rabbit ive ever known...and has done since he was young apparently....:lol:

we know he responds positevley to the alomycin so it should give him a bit more time symptoms lessened...and ive got his daily metacam and 4 sachets of bisolvon.

the receptionist/nurse wasnt happy with me about making direct vet payments but i couldnt say to her..oh its cos im financially stuck right now and large amounts i ask for direct payements..oh and by the by im suicidally depressed and paying up front then awaiting a cheque would just add to my probelms and make me worse....but you cant say t:lol:hat to a receptionist/nurse who deals with the finances can you:(

i paid berties fee today and his meds and the excess off a policy already...£120 odd pounds...used the credit card....had no choice.

my big old furry boy...i hope he gets a bit better at least and it lasts for longer.

Poor Bertie, hope the meds help and he stays well for a while (and gives your credit card a break!) xx

Back