• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Giant Breeds

Hello,

Out of curiousity I just weighed my female rabbit nuisance, she's a chinchilla giganta and weighs 6.5kg ...... according to the internet that's 1.5kg over the expected maximum weight. She doesn't get over fed and has the correct diet with plenty of exercise so is obviously just a big mama!

Has anyone else got this breed or rabbit or another giant? I'm interested to hear how much they weigh! :)

I would put a photo up but I haven't quite worked it out yet!

Was your rabbit from a breeder? Chinchilla Giganta's aren't very common at all, if your bun wasn't from a breeder it might be a cross of another giant breed explaining the weight. Breed standards are set for show rabbits though not pets, different factors could affect your rabbits size and many rabbits (even purebreeds) go over or under 'standard' weights

yes, he was from a breeder. he was the runt and the breeder wanted rid :cry: i over heard her talking about what she was going to do to him and then stepped in and said I would give him a home. Once I got him home he just grew and grew :lol:

Yeah, I have two continental giants, Shadow weighs 6.7 kg and Daisy weighs 8kg!! She is huge but not overweight in the slightest. I'll post some pics later if you would like :D

Back