• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

so upset-bonding gone wrong!

bunny mad lisa

Mama Doe
I have been bonding my 2 bunnies Casper and Bonnie for some time and thought we were getting some where! they have been spending 2 to 3 hours a day indoors getting to know each other and have had grooming and snuggling. bonnie has been a bit stroppy and lunges and grunts alot at casper. Sadly on wed they got into a fight and although i split them within seconds casper got badly bitten:cry: He has a bad wound on his back leg and the vet had to put 7 staples in it:( hes doing ok but has already manged to get 3 staples out! I think it will heal ok and hes on baytril to stop any risk of infection. i'm just soooo gutted and upset. I dare not try them together again as this could have been so much worse! For the moment i am going to keep bonnie alone and think about getting casper a new friend but i think i might get the rescue to do the bonding as my nerves can't take it!

Oh goodness, sorry this has been so stressful. :( Sending healing vibes for Casper and calming ones for you! xxx

awww sorry it didn;t go to plan, hope casper recovers soon, my mum loves casper she spotted him in teh magazine and said i liek that bun :love: :thumb:

I totally empathise having had a very similar thing happen here last Friday when Aisling laid into John-Boy :cry: He had to have a wound stapled too.

I hope that Casper heals well. I dont think I will ever enjoy bonding :?

Really sorry to hear this Lisa :( It's horrible isn't it :? I had to separate one of the boys from my trio today as he hammered the other male. They were getting on fine and was totally out of the blue. It's always harder when it's your own buns being bonded.

Back