• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone elses rabbits eat there foos ALL in one go...

Emily16

Warren Scout
Ok so i usually feed archie his pellets and veg in the morning, and then a large basket of hay at night, but i will give him hay in the morning if needed... But today as i was really really busy i fed him all his food in one go in the morning and i was watching him and he first ate all of his veg, then he ate all of his pellets, then he ate all but a tiny bit off his hay so i topped it up tonight, and just before i covered them up about half hour after giving him more hay he had ate about all of it again and was still munching.
Does most peoples rabbits just scoff their food and not save any through the day or is it just archie being a massive pig

Don't think rabbits ever save pellets/veg for later!
I feed lots of green veg in the morning - plus a huge amount of hay. I top the hay up throughout the day. I feed pellets at night (plus some odd bits of veg). More hay. If I go foraging, they get through all that, too. More hay before I go to bed.

My buns are the same, munch veg, grass and pellets straight away without stopping!!! then I do worry about them for thje rest of the day, even though they are on grass and have hay. I try to hide their veg and pellets alll around the run and inside toilet rolls etc but they always find it and eat it all quick!

Bit worried as going away next week and only have someone popping in once a day to feed their pellets, bit worried they';ll be hungry all the rest of the time!!! greedy buns.

My lot always have their hay racks stuffed am and then pm so there is usually always some hay even though they are good hay eaters. Breakfast is fruit or veg scoffed in one lot. Supper is pellets scoffed down in one lot. When it comes to anything in a bowl they always attack it as though they are starving :shock:

Mine have pellets in the morning...gone in minutes!

Hay thru the day

Veg at nite ...gone in minutes

More hay.

:wave:

Bella literally eats all of her breakfast in about 5 minutes :lol: She loves her food! Boris, however, likes to save some for later, but usually Bella eats his stuff too! I have to keep an eye on her to make sure she doesn't gain any weight! :roll:

Mine, like most, do eat all of their pellets, veg, dried stuff etc straight away; but all rabbits should have a constant supply of hay. It's really important to keep their digestive systems working properly.
If he can eat all of his hay while you're sat there he should definitely be having some more :) Or you could still give him small amounts but top it up multiple times a day rather than just once or twice.

How much hay would you say he eats? A bunny can never have too much!

Well at least hes not the only one that scoffs down his food with no manners what so ever. His hay basket is about half the size of him and he probably has about 2 of them a day, i will have to start giving him more but im sure i'll still wake up to him with an empty hay basket, but never mind i'll have to keep refilling it, he gets way to much excitement out of tipping his basket over, catapulting the hay over the cage then sitting on the up turned basket looking for attention bless him

Please make sure that he doesn't ever run out of hay. To keep it working properly he has to have grass or hay constantly in his system and going for periods without any could mean you having a seriously ill bun.

My guys hoover away and only lift their heads to chew when they are working on their pellets!:lol:

Well at least hes not the only one that scoffs down his food with no manners what so ever. His hay basket is about half the size of him and he probably has about 2 of them a day, i will have to start giving him more but im sure i'll still wake up to him with an empty hay basket, but never mind i'll have to keep refilling it, he gets way to much excitement out of tipping his basket over, catapulting the hay over the cage then sitting on the up turned basket looking for attention bless him

Just keep giving him more until he always has a little bit left next time you go down :D

My buns recently ran out of hay overnight and when I went in in the morning one of them was bordering on stasis. He wouldn't eat, had gone all floppy, etc and I had to take an hour off work to get him eating and make sure he was ok then keep checking on him throughout the day.:(

Please make sure that he doesn't ever run out of hay. To keep it working properly he has to have grass or hay constantly in his system and going for periods without any could mean you having a seriously ill bun.

My guys hoover away and only lift their heads to chew when they are working on their pellets!:lol:

Same :lol:

Rolo literally rips the food out of my hands. You would think I never fed him. He's a house-bun and has the run off the house. He can be at the other end of the house, fast asleep under one of the beds, but if I open the fridge door......hes there in a moment!

Although, I have put him on a diet as he's getting abit "podgy" Ive cut his pellets down and boy do I know it!:shock:

Rach x

Back