• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bike Shed or Summerhouse

ChristyRose

Alpha Buck
My bunnies have been on the patio in a big run all summer. Last winter they were in the summerhouse which is block built but has big windows and doors. It was too hot in there for the summer so they were moved outside. Now its getting colder I thought I'd put a smaller hutch (2 storey - 4ft) with the bottom doors off and put it in the bike shed. My neighbour came over yesterday and fitted lino in it and put wooden batten round the edge so that they dont chew it. Will they be warm enough in there or should I put them back in the summerhouse this winter. The benefits of the bikeshed is that it will be in their large run. Whereas if I put them in the summerhouse there isnt really an outside run for them. They were in there last winter okay with out a run (its a large summerhouse) but now they have been used to running around outside all summer is that more important?

I'd say the bike shed with run but only because my bunnies like to sit out in the run area even in the coldest of weathers :thumb:

You dont think the 4ft hutch will be too small for 3 rabbits? Its just for them to snuggle up in. I was going to put a chair beside it so they can jump up on top of the hutch. So, then they'd have 3 'floors' to explore. Would I need to put a piece of wood along the edge of the top of the hutch? I know rabbits can jump but could they fall off the roof bit?

Back