• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

should we /shouldnt we ... what to do what to do ???????? HELP

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
My OH is realy taken with Truffle .. :?..
He would like to keep her here .
BUT ...i said no more outdoor bunnies for us except two giants ..:?.. we dont have space to have her indoors permenantly on her own ....As we already have Nemo and Cookie indoors .

We have had a couple of enquiries about Truffle so its not like she would be un rehomable ...but she is a grumpy pants and has just started to realy trust us ...and its possible she may have problems in later life ..although its possible she may not (had a uterine tumour removed and dont know if it will have spread ):?

Now my dilema is ..

Do we try for a threesome with Cookie and Nemo .. :shock: :? :?

the thought of trying scares the poo out of me ...:shock::shock:... but Nemo ios 9 now likes to sleep a lot .. Cookie is very laid back with Nemo (but doesnt interact with us much ). Theres no aggression between them when we bring other bunnies in the house after neuters etc ...except odd times when its usualy been a buck thats in .. :?

Their space isnt huge .. but its warm and dry and she would get all the vet treatment she needs ..and they are out free range every evening and all day sat and sun .

So do I ....or dont I ... ??????????????:?

Can you afford to run the risk of the existing pair divorcing? Can you give them both seperate accomodation if they refuse to go back together if the trio doesnt work and you then have 3 singles, all of which can't go outside until spring again?

I think you've come looking for reasoning, but deep down, you know its not necessarily the right thing to do.

Obviously, its totally, completely 100% up to you, but i know what i'd do. :wave:

but Angie its scary :shock:...never done a 3 :?

Allocate Mick a bun. You just need one extra arm:D

ETAL: I know we always say that the existing pair may get upset & break up, but I've never had that happen. Any problems have resolved when I have removed New Bun

Allocate Mick a bun. You just need one extra arm:D

ETAL: I know we always say that the existing pair may get upset & break up, but I've never had that happen. Any problems have resolved when I have removed New Bun

:lol: Agreed

I've never had that happen either - no bond has ever broken completely when I've bonded extra buns :wave:

I think if you really do love her Angie, then go for it. Otherwise you'll always wonder if it might have worked. She seems to have touched your heart so you've nothing to lose. If it doesn't work out (as has been said) then keep her up for rehoming. x

:lol: Agreed

I've never had that happen either - no bond has ever broken completely when I've bonded extra buns :wave:

I think if you really do love her Angie, then go for it. Otherwise you'll always wonder if it might have worked. She seems to have touched your heart so you've nothing to lose. If it doesn't work out (as has been said) then keep her up for rehoming. x

I can see why I ended up with 2,278,493 buns:lol:

I'd say go for it too.

I've bonded a six and a four entirely on my own - it is possible - you just have to pretend you are an octupus:)

If it doesn't work at least you will know you have tried.

Good luck.

You know what people will 'advise' you on this forum! :lol: :p
If you didn't want her, you wouldn't be asking for our advice! :p
(Mr Bunny has been happily living in a trio for the past two years.)

Give it a go. I'd be scared to though. I have been putting off bonding 2 of my bunny couples for the last 2 years.

I think you should try and see. Forget its a trio and work the same way you do with a pair. I've bonded two trios now with no probs and given your huge amount of experience, you will be fine! If it works, it's meant to be!

Back