• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What time do u feed your buns on a night

Lucy1666

Mama Doe
since winter is comming boooo :cry:
and early dark nights :(

what time do u feed u buns i feed mind at half 6 after simpsons :)

Mine get 'tea' (veg) at about 6.30pm and then they have 'supper' (pellets and hay top-up) before I go to bed, about 11pm.
I get a chance to check their eating then as well.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm can i ask something......

mine get fed in the morning??...... :oops: should i be feeding them twice a day?? :shock:

x

Freddie gets his pellets and a little bit of green veg about 6am before I go to work and then the rest of his veg at about 6pm with timothy hay and excel forage available all day for him :)

Mine get their pellets in the morning for breakfast. I prefer it as they are most active at this time so I know that it will be digested well (Plus I wouldnt get a minutes peace in the mornings if not!) :)

At around 6.30-7 pm (ish) they will sometimes (not every day) have a handful of herbs, grass, leaves etc :wave:

As long as they have plenty of hay it doesn't really matter. I just prefer to feed mine twice :wave:

phewwwww :)

mine get their pelletts and herbs in the morning with a mountine of hay and then i top up their hay again at night :wave:

(thought i was massively doing something wrong :oops:)

Mine get their main pellet feed around 7am and then a few to appease them when we go to bed. In between, they have veggies for dinner around 5.30ish when we are eating and hay topped up throughout the day whenever they need it.

My favourite time is when I do the litter tray about 9pm and they get to go mad in a whole tray of fresh hay. Honestly, you'd think they'd never been fed! It's so heartwarming to see two buns dive into a pile of fresh hay and come up with it all stuck to their whiskers :love:

Spenser gets his pellets divided into 3 lots. He gets his supper when I go out say goodnight to him about 11.30pm. :love:

It varies considerably depending on whether I am on-call or not overnight. Tonight I am on-call so I will go out shortly and feed them, medicate Dylan and tuck them up for the night. Tomorrow when I am not on-call it will be later on, before I go out for the evening.

Their breakfast time varies a lot too, depending on my job. If I have been working overnight and it is light when I get home I feed the buns and let them out in their runs and then go to bed - even if it's 4.00 am. If I haven't worked overnight they get fed and let out when I get up before my day job - and if it's a day off, sometimes they get left later.

My cats and my rabbits are used to not having a routine. It would be impossible to have one as I work two jobs, one of which is shifts. So long as the cats have dry food and the buns have hay and water I am not too concerned.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm can i ask something......

mine get fed in the morning??...... :oops: should i be feeding them twice a day?? :shock:

x

Personally, I would advise it - it doesn't mean you have to feed twice as much, but splitting the food between two meals gives you more of an opportunity to check that behaviour and appetite are normal. Otherwise, you might not pick up subtle changes in eating habits for 24 hours instead of 12, and with bunnies, that could make an enormous difference to their outcome.

I feed mine about 7am and 7pm ish, I have a head torch for winter evening feeding, so I still have both hands free.

Back