• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay for pets website?

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
Anyone use them? are they any good and what size roughly is 4.5kg bag of hay?

Was going to order the timothy hay as Noah loves it and its only £12 for the 4.5kg. Cheaper than the oxbow stuff!

Thank you :wave:

*does his big up Graham & Ann post*

www.hayforpets.co.uk = the best hay you can get bar farm hay.

Their meadow hay is green, lush, fresh and smells GORGEOUS. B&G demolish it and will happily tuck into it as soon as fresh is put in each time i do it during the day.

Graham & Ann are so courteous and customer friendly, they sort out any problems, email you on despatch and the price isn't that bad, considering most of it is carriage.

I buy a 10Kg bag and it lasts us about 3 weeks, sometimes 2 if they are hungry :lol:

The larger, the better value, so if you can store the 10Kg bag, go for that!

I use them. They are great, fantastic delivery and customer service. I buy 2 x 9.5kg bags each time of the Soft Meadow Hay and its gorgeous. Its really green and sweet smelling. The timothy and rye hay is more stalky, whereas the meadow hay is softer.

Sounds pretty amazing :shock: its just so much cheaper than other timothy brands! He eats meadow but gobbles up the timothy so will go for that just now :D

Thanks people :thumb::wave:

Hey!

I 2 loved Oxbow Timothy but didnt touch the Hay4pets TImothy Hay...but they LOVE the Rye Hay! Fudge might like it too, it smells like dried herbs! :D

I get the meadow for mine and it smells lovely. I gave Webble some to give her buns and they demolished it!

I had trouble with the courier on the last order but Graham sorted it out and it was delivered the next day. Highly recommended. I get the £16 one as it is the best value.

I buy all three in 9.5Kilo bales at a time. Great stuff. The 9.5Kilo bale is about 3 or 4 ft long and about 2ft by 2 ft in both directions (not length). Great stuff. It's the only stuff my 4 have continously ate!

I've been thinking of getting some Timothy hay but was going to get an Oxbow 22kg at around £70. I've just ordered a £3 sample pack from Hay for Pets to see what they think.

I've been looking to get a good supply of cheap/bulk straw too so I might have found it:D

I'm lucky enough to have found a good supplier for bales of hay though at £6 for a bale that I can't lift on my own (from 'Ings Farm' weirdly enough :?)

Edit to add: Is postage and packing included in their charges? as I've searched the website for P&P information and can't find it anywhere. (they are only about 20miles from me but it wouldn't be worth collecting it if I wasn't saving on postage).

Last edited:
Im going to MASSIVELY big up these guys.

Ordered the samples - where amazing my buns loved them all but settled on one.

Order the biggest one.....accidently didnt change the paypal address went to my "home" address (im at university - although i havent been back to my parents house in 2 years!!!)

No one was in when it was delivered and it either got delivered to a neighbour who my parents dont know and they stole it (small odds im sure) or it was never delivered (more likely the driver lost it sold it or someting)

And Graham was EXCELLENT!! Sent me out a new one to the right address even though i tried to pay he sent it out for FREE....hope he got money back from courier!!

THE BEST - SIMPLE!!

Back