• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Duke and Libby

Leigh

Mama Doe
I've snuck back in.....

just a little update for everyone, we decided that we would bring them back into the house for winter, duke seemed to quite enjoy his life of indoor luxury last year so we couldn't help but give into the nose wiggling periscoping sweetie!

i'll do some piccies as soon as i can :D

hope everyone is well :wave:

I was oddly thinking about you a couple of weeks ago and how we hadn't seen you around.

Hope you and yours are all okay :)

ah thats sweet

i wasnt very well for a while and still not quite back to how i was but back at work and all that

weve had another addition to the family in the form of a golden retriever, hes doing really well and snuggles down beside duke and libbys wendy house/outdoor run/indoor house. he almost seems to be protective of them :) certainly wasn't a planned addition to the family right now, a few years down the line maybe but sometimes things change and make you rethink.

duke and libby are fine, the duchess looked after them for a couple of weeks for us recently so they got to show her how much they have settled down together after their slightly drawn out bonding :lol: She wasn't quite sure if duke has lost a little weight, its hard to tell when he is moulting as it can sometimes change and it feels like hes lost a lot, but hes off to the vets for one of his jabs this weekend so we will get him checked over, certainly seems fine in himself which is good.

Aw, good to hear the buns are doing well :love: :wave: I remember you were bonding Duke and Libby about the same time as I was bonding Beano and Gordon after I recently joined the forum :) x

Good to hear Duke and Libby are doing well! I've brought my rabbits in for the winter for the first time :D

So sweet that Albie is so good with them, we hope to have a dog one day so I like to hear about buns and dogs getting on together!

its really nice having them back inside, weve redesigned it slightly this year so that we can get a little more use out of the room but so far all seems to be well, duke is certainly happy and they can often be found snuggled beside each other :D

we werent quite sure what was going to happen when we got albie, noone was going anywhere so it was just a case of having to see what would work and what wouldnt. we wont be letting them all out together as you can never be 100% certain of what will happen but they are certainly happy in each others space with a cage between them lol

the biggest problem is trying to stop albie eating any food which they kick out or poos :shock:

its quite funny seeing albie next to the cage now, when we first got him he was only just about as tall as 1 NIC cube, now he's easily up to the second cube (when he's not lying down right beside them!)

we quite often find them all nose to nose saying hello to one another.

very aware tho to be careful of them all and make sure everyone is safe, they are all so special in their own ways :D:love:

Back