• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Smudge

FarplaceRescue

Alpha Buck
This sad little bunny came to me as a stray last night. She is very underweight and has scabs on the back of her neck where she has been bitten (possibly mated?) Her rescuer called her Smudge. I am getting her to the vet for a check-up tomorrow (can't get today as they have no appointments available). She has eaten a bit of apple, but not much else. Am trying her with dandelions, but at the moment she doesnt seem interested.

Oh the poor little girl, she looks so sad :cry:
Loads of vibes that she starts eating soon and can start living the life she deserves xxxxxxx

UPDATE..............
I managed to get a late evening appointment with this little girl. She has hardly eaten anything in 24 hours. She has a sticky eye due to dental probs. She's TOO placid. She also has no body fat and you can feel every vertibrae. They have kept her in. Shes going to get fluids and painkillers. They will keep her in untill she starts eating and hopefully putting on weight. I have been quoted approx £70 per 24 hours including drugs, which I dont think is bad, especially as they have 24 hour cover.
When she is feeling better, and is eating well, i will get her dental done, plus a spay at the same time. Then we can think about her vaccinations. normally I would vaccinate first, but shes not well enough to cope.
Jan

Bless her, I hope she is soon on the way to recovery and thank heavens she found you! Sending bucketfuls of 'recovery' vibes and hoping she's soon back with you. xxx

She's home!! i collected her from the vets this evening. Shes got some drugs to keep her going over the next few days, but she is said to be eating. Not seen her eat however......

Back