• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Next Step

MikePalmer88

Alpha Buck
This is a very nervy time for me :)

I currently have 2 very loved up bunnies (took ages) and they currently in a fairly big inside cage and they are behaving VERY well and are VERY loved up!

I wondered what was the next step i needed to take...

Do i give them a bit more space - does it need to be neutral - should i leave it a bit longer (been together since Friday)

Eeek!

Everything needs to be neutral still. How long is it since and fights/nips?

They've been together since Friday morning.

No fights or nips since Saturday evening.

Sharing food and water bowls.

Not put a litter tray in yet

Ok great i was planning on leaving them for another couple of days at least!

They are both happily polishing of some apple at the moment!!

Should introduce a litter tray?

And when i do give them more space what sort of size should i look at??

If they are fine sharing food it should be ok to put a new litter tray in. I personally increased space by a couple of metres at a time but I was bonding 3. Glad to hear all is going well :D

Ok great i was planning on leaving them for another couple of days at least!

They are both happily polishing of some apple at the moment!!

Should introduce a litter tray?

And when i do give them more space what sort of size should i look at??

Have you got a small pen you can pop them in and keep making it bigger?

I'd build something maybe 1 pane bigger than the cage at the moment, but tall enough so they dont jump out, and use then, then keep adding 1 panel at a time

So would you keep the cage they are in and then almost build a run out from it??

The cage does has a fully openable top so thats not an issue.

Im just really anxious as they are so loved up in their at the moment....i darent let them out hahah

Back