• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Todd's happy again - and EATING !!!

Doghouse135

Mama Doe
Just thought I'd give you all an update following on from this: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...e-re-bereaved-rabbit-U-D-no-progress-!!/page3

Unfortunately, Todd didn't improve and although I was contacted by a couple of rescues (thanks to those), they were too far away to take him for bonding.

I know this is going to be unpopular but I have done what I feel is right for Todd :thumb:

I went into P@H on Saturday to speak with Glenn (our vet) to ask his advice - Todd was still not eating hardly anything and holding his head very very low in the corner of the hutch. His poo's were also very very dark and tiny :(

Whilst there, I spoke with Emily (one of their staff who always calls me when they have pregnant guineas handed in for adoption - as she knows I will keep Mum and babies for the rest of their lifetime). I asked her whether they had any adoption buns due in. She said that she wasn't aware of any apart from one that they had 'out the back' which was due to be put in their adoption section when there was space. Tulip had come in with the rest of the 'delivery' but was taken ill shortly after arriving in store - no surprise there.

She had been very stressed and ended up with a very mucky bun. The vet had seen her, advised on the course of action and she hadn't had an upset stomach for 3 weeks. I spoke with Glenn who corroborated what Emily was telling me and advised that she was absolutely fine now and had been quarantined for her entire stay in the store.

Against my better judgement, I asked to see her. The rest I'm afraid is history, I fell in love and brought her home - DIDN'T pay for her I might add.

More importantly, Todd fell in love with her and is a completely different bunny. I know it's early days and I'm not taking anything for granted but I think the photos speak for themselves. I'm watching them very closely as she is going to get hormonal and will need to go in for her spay as soon as she's old enough, but Todd is a different bunny.

He's eaten constantly since she arrived and spends ages grooming her and nuzzling her. She lays her head under his and they flop out together all the time.

I feel Tulip came into our life for a reason and although it's not the route I envisaged taking, it seems to have worked for us.

IMAG0342.jpg

IMAG0338.jpg

IMAG0348.jpg

IMAG0343.jpg

Thank you. She's very dinky and wasn't in very good condition when she turned up at P@H (surprise surprise) but I feel that we can offer her a good home and Todd LOVES her to bits already :thumb:

Back