• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on Fudge x and a little on Noah x....UPDATE 18/10 p13

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
Well everything was fine last night and this morning she took her meds no problem and ate all her breakfast!

Went to give her her lunch this afternoon and she wasnt a happy bunny again :( refused her food and grumped at me!
So i phoned the vet for advice on what i should do next and they said to keep an eye on her for a few hours to see if she picks up and if not to take her straight there!

I decided to try her with some gripe water as i used to give it for her gassy tummy and it worked wonders so i gave her 1ml along with some tummy rubs and syringed some water and let her rest!

Checked on her at 4 and she had picked up a little but there was runny poo in her litter tray! Gave her a Carroty treat to see if she would eat something and she took it from me!

Phoned the vets and they said to continue doing what i was doing (Meds, gripe water and water) and if she goes downhill at all to phone in for an emergency!

So OH took me out for a meal and got home to find runny poo everywhere in her cage! But she was looking much better, came to the cage, let me stroke her, nibble some pellets and had a run about! So i cleaned up her bottom and her cage, gave her more gripe water (2ml) her metacam, zantac and she was happy to take about8-10ml of water from her syringe!

1 hour later (about 9) i went to check on her and gave her another 1ml of gripe water and she took about 12-14ml of water from the syringe happily! She has eaten more and is happy to sit and let me cuddle her and she is running about!

Still not out the woods and dont want to jinx things again, got a feeling i will have a repeat tomorrow and if so its to the vets for some tests! Oh forgot to say, after the runny poop she has been passing normal pellets since! Ive given her another water bottle (smaller one) to see if she drinks better from that and ive given her a bowl too!

I just hope she improves more and we dont have to go through another no eating period :( its not nice at all :cry:

As for my boy Noah, well he clearly is a mummys boy :love: he follows me about everywhere begs for nose rubs and is currently lying down as close to me as he can get :love: He isnt so interested in OH :lol: glad he has settled in :D

ETA: Fudges tummy was feeling slightly hard this afternoon during tummy rubs, its now softer but i can still feel some gas! How often and how much can i give fudge gripe water? She loves it and gobbles it right up so im lucky! I have to disguise the zantac :roll:

Last edited:
Sorry Fudge stilll isn't right, and sending vibes. xxx

Good to hear how well Noah has settled with you. :love:

Sorry Fudge stilll isn't right, and sending vibes. xxx

Good to hear how well Noah has settled with you. :love:

Thank you :)

I think it started off as stasis on thursday night and then giving her veg to tempt her has possibly given her the really bad gas! I just thought i would try veg as i know she would eat it before pellets! Maybe it was a big mistake!

I dont know how to get more fibre in her to help her good tummy bacteria get back on track! Was going to see if P@H still had the probiotic for the water to help!

Oh and i got another heatpad (think it works wonders) but once i got home i found it wasnt the heatpad that was broken but the actual microwave :roll::? So looking for a new microwave once i take the £22 heatpad back! P@H is so expensive can get them cheaper online :?

Luckily my sisters Bf lives round the corner so i borrowed his:lol: But fudge did sit on it all day!

update 17/10 @ 08.13am

Wee update this morning!

Fudge was happy to see me this morning, took all meds like a good girl and drank 12.5ml of water from the syringe, she seems to enjoy the water slightly warm from the kettle :D Doest seem like she has drank from her bottles or bowl overnight though :? will continue to syringe cooled boiled water.

Has eaten most of her pellets but left a little and she has passed nice poop this morning and had a wee. She done a binky this morning too :love:
Not getting my hopes up as yesterday morning she seemed fine and changed by the afternoon :(

So we will see later today how she is feeling! Tummy slightly more squishy today so i hope the gripe water is helping! Will continue using it today and if she is better wont give her it tomorrow! Been giving about 8-9ml of gripe water within 24hours thats 5/6 times a day she will get 1-2ml!

Hope that isnt too much to give. Shes also on 0.6ml of metacam and 0.6ml of zantac twice daily!

Going to take the heatpad back and get a new microwave today too and will pick up the pro-c probiotic in P@H to add to her water in the hope she will drink more!

:wave:

vibes for her and Fibreplex is good for bunnies..as contains probitucs and fibre..quite easy to get in them too as the syringe it comes in is simple to put in side of mouth

Sorry to hear Fudge has been poorly again :( Hope she makes a full recovery soon.

I would suggest getting some Avipro and adding it to her bowl of water, all of my buns love the taste and it encourages them to drink more, it also contains electrolytes so helps the gut stay hydrated. As honeybunny has said, fibreplex is good for getting the gut back on track too. You can get both of these for a good price from Vetuk and they deliver very quickly whenever I place an order. The heatpads are only £12.88 there as well! I haven't used the Pro-C powder in a very long time so I can't remember if the buns like it as much as Avipro but it is worth a try if you need something today.

Have you tried Fudge with any of the Supreme vetcare plus diets? They are about 30% fibre. There is the digestive health formula or the urinary tract formula which is supposed to encourage increased water intake. I have had one of my buns on the digestive formula for about a month or so and it has helped him a lot but I can't feed it on its own because he looses weight rapidly so I mix it with oregano excel and that seems to do the trick. You can get them from Vetuk too.
I am not trying to promote Vetuk by the way :lol: It is just where I shop because they have everything I need and I use the Fife rabbit rescue link so they get a donation.

I don't think the gripe water will do any harm, but I wouldn't usually give it more than 6 times a day.

Have you tried Infacol instead of Gripe Water? I use in when my bunny gets bouts of gass and it works really well and very quickly? You can buy it from supermarkets/chemists. Also maybe try some Bio lapis - you can get it from your vet or from the internet - A critical care formulation for rabbits and small pets containing probiotics, prebiotics, electrolytes and vitamins, it treats and restores digestive problems. Hope she is soon back to her old self again!!

Got home from work and she was still a happy bunny :D ate her pellets and drank a fair amount from the syringe again! Tummy is feeling better too, not gassy and hard but im still waiting on it turning again :?
Hopefully not! just glad to have her come up to me again :love: Doing an order for somethings for her to help her tummy and to try prevent this happening again!

Thank you all for all the vibes, i know it helps :thumb::wave:

Sorry to hear Fudge has been poorly again :( Hope she makes a full recovery soon.

I would suggest getting some Avipro and adding it to her bowl of water, all of my buns love the taste and it encourages them to drink more, it also contains electrolytes so helps the gut stay hydrated. As honeybunny has said, fibreplex is good for getting the gut back on track too. You can get both of these for a good price from Vetuk and they deliver very quickly whenever I place an order. The heatpads are only £12.88 there as well! I haven't used the Pro-C powder in a very long time so I can't remember if the buns like it as much as Avipro but it is worth a try if you need something today.

Have you tried Fudge with any of the Supreme vetcare plus diets? They are about 30% fibre. There is the digestive health formula or the urinary tract formula which is supposed to encourage increased water intake. I have had one of my buns on the digestive formula for about a month or so and it has helped him a lot but I can't feed it on its own because he looses weight rapidly so I mix it with oregano excel and that seems to do the trick. You can get them from Vetuk too.
I am not trying to promote Vetuk by the way :lol: It is just where I shop because they have everything I need and I use the Fife rabbit rescue link so they get a donation.

I don't think the gripe water will do any harm, but I wouldn't usually give it more than 6 times a day.

Hey,
Going to do an order from vetuk for some stuff anyway, used them before and was great delivery plus will use the donation button :) Will try Avipro instead if it will encourage her to drink more!
Not tried those foods, will order one to see if it helps. I need something that will help her digestive system as she isnt getting a great intake of fibre due to not eating hay :? ordering fibreplex too:)
Only given gripe water twice today as i feel she doesnt need it anymore, tummy is feeling more comfortable too :D

Have you tried Infacol instead of Gripe Water? I use in when my bunny gets bouts of gass and it works really well and very quickly? You can buy it from supermarkets/chemists. Also maybe try some Bio lapis - you can get it from your vet or from the internet - A critical care formulation for rabbits and small pets containing probiotics, prebiotics, electrolytes and vitamins, it treats and restores digestive problems. Hope she is soon back to her old self again!!

Gripe water is far better imo for gassy tums! Used to use infacol but fudge hated the taste of it and it stressed her out giving it to her! With gripe water she loves it so takes it without bother :D plus it seems to work faster :wave:

Update 18/10

Little update again!

We had a good day yesterday, fudge ate all meals, was a happy bunny, done plenty of nice poops, drank a fair amount from the syringe but not her water bottles/bowl :? took all her meds, binkied, flopped etc.
Another good day today, finished her course of zantac this morning and havent felt the need to give gripe water! Decided to not syringe water to see if she will drink from her water bowl or bottle! Been sitting with her for way over an hour now and she has just gotten comfortable on my lap and not moved at all :love:

She is feeling slightly boney today but in not sure if thats down to the not eating the past few days that shes been ill! Will keep an eye on it and if she gets worse will take her for a check p at the vets!
Ordered different food from vetuk and some Avipro so hope to get it this week, and hope it improves fudges system!!

Good tip to get buns to take yucky meds from a syringe, dip the tip into a little gripe water and they take it no bother :lol:

Noah still a very happy bunny! He jumped up onto the sofa last night and done a flying jump off, he seemed proud of himself :lol: Giving it another week before i start swapping over litter trays etc just with fudge being ill, want her to have a full recovery:D

Back