• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Myxi signs to look for

chelle

Warren Veteran
I may have missed in my search for this...but thought it may be helpful for those of us whose buns have not caught myxi to have some signs to look for...I know there was a link posted about myxi but Im unable to find it. Anyone whocan point us in the right direction - it would be grateful..

Thankyou! this might have to be moved to health - but figured as myxi is aweful at the moment it might be of some help.:)

red eyes
swollen eyes
bumps around the eyes
swollen genitals
nodules (bumps) on the nose or ears ....
theyre what I had with Crunchie and Rolo

thankyou...very kind of you to answer...hope its going ok for you - Im still following the thread with the myxibuns updates....hugs xxx

Staying out of the light for a few days even before there are signs - almost as though they have a headache.

followed by weeping eyes - (often the first sign)

raised fur on the nose which then turns into a swelling

swollen genitals

swollen lips

then the whole range of lumps

red eyes

there is also a pneumonic form which causes URI

Rupert had one nodule on his nose which just appeared as a red area two days before it turned black and became raised.
Angels eye lid had a red raised lump at the beginning before she became riddled with nodules, She had her ear hanging in the water bowl as if trying to cool it down for a couple of days before a double thickness black nodule appeared bigger than a 50 pence piece. She had nodules in both eyes, all around her mouth and nose, base of ears inside of ears, swollen genitals and nodules over her body.

very useful thread. charlie rabbit has a runny eye and antibiotics but the vet didn't think it was anything serious and so far there is no swelling or redness, and no bumps. but i was worried and i'm glad to have a list of symptoms easily available.

Back