• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what would be best for my buns whilst decorating advice please?

hayley2126

Warren Scout
hey all, we are having a new bathroom fitted over the next two weeks and they begin tomorrow. My buns are house buns and have been since we got them 4 weeks ago. As they are gutting it out there is going to be a lot of banging and drilling etc which i am afraid may upset my buns :( i have two options as i do not live near any friends or family.

1) i move their bunny home into the living room and out of the hall so they are not under the bathroom and do not have strangers walking past them all day, but they will deff still hear it?
2) I put them out in their out door home from 7.30 am till 6pm however i have heard it is going to be very cold this week? And since we have had them they have only ever been out once for about 1hr as we were getting them use to being indoor buns and introducing them to a new part of the house every few days plus the VHD jabs were done two weeks ago last wed so we were waiting for them to start working too.

Please any advice would be great as i really do not want to stress them out and risk them going into GS.

Thank you in advance to all those that take the time to respond

x

Personally I'd keep them inside. The change of temperature would be too risky at this time of year...

Personally I'd keep them inside. The change of temperature would be too risky at this time of year...

This is what I would do too. Often I've been stressed about bunnies hearing workman noise and they haven't be phased at all, I just give them some yummy noms, keep the TV/radio on and make sure I stay calm. So far we've never had a problem. Hopefully the same would be the case for you guys too.

thanks all of you, i have moved their nic cube home into the living room so at leaste they are away from them dragging tiles, bath etc and they seem happy enough all led out. ( am little confused at first but fine now) think they may even stay here now although now my living room is half the size:lol: but loving being able to see and hear them all the time.Ill give them some yummy noms although i swear they will have finished them by the time they come as nothing stays there long when it comes to food :D We will not be in due to work but can still leave t.v on if you think it will help them?

Thank you all for advise this site really is a god send to me and i hope soon i will have the knowledge to repay the favour to others

put them in a room as far away from the noise as possible ...shut windows and doors and leave the radio on with some nice music on... this is what we did in our last place when they did building work. hazel is a MAJOR stress head and hates even the sound of cups being washed up...she was fine after a few mins... hope all goes ok:D

Back