• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

soo soo upset sodding pet shops

louiseb1000

Warren Scout
been to a pet shop for a hay rack and there was a dead baby bunny just left in the pen were they was mixed with piggies omg still in shock and the place was rammed with shoppers they couldnt move quick enuff to remove poor bunny soon as my hubby started goin mental hope she didnt suffer

omg thats aweful...I hope alot of customers saw and wont buy from there...def. report them....would have been good if you had photos too...but your OH can be a witness if needed. Poor little bunny...:(

the sale dude saiud he was fine tis mornin now it was a female and she was stiff!! and looked dead! IF THAT MAKES SENCE?

the sale dude saiud he was fine tis mornin now it was a female and she was stiff!! and looked dead! IF THAT MAKES SENCE?

Yes, but that still doesn't mean that they knew she was dead.
If they didn't know she was dead, then of course she would still be in the pen.
You also said that as soon as your husband told them, they moved quickly to get the dead rabbit out of there.

You already said it was busy - the staff just might not have had a chance to check on the animals.
We all know rabbits can get sick and die extremely quickly - even more so if the staff don't know the warning signs for something like stasis or bloat

I know it's very distressing to see a dead bunny at a shop - but that doesn't automatically mean that it is the shop that is at fault.

(Although they do need someone to tell them that keeping rabbits and guinea pigs together is not recommended these days)

Back