• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why has she started digging

Stufi

Alpha Buck
Hi I hope someone can just clarify for me that there is nothing wrong/unusual about the fact the Womble has just started digging in her toilet. We have had her 2 years and she has never done this but recently she is doing it for hours on end.

She gets lots of time time out and lots of toys, treats and Bruce to keep her company.

She just appears to be constantly pushing the stuff around

Any thoughts would be great thanks

Does she have a 'digging tray'?

I think digging is a natural behaviour (my 3 are great diggers but they have their own garden to tunnel in) but don't know why she should suddenly start.

They've had one before and never even sat in it so we took it out as was a waste of their space. Our confusion is, like you say, why she has suddenly started.

Thanks for response though

Is she spayed?

Has she had a vet check recently, particularly on her teeth?

Has anything changed in her life at all?

Is she spayed?

Has she had a vet check recently, particularly on her teeth?

Has anything changed in her life at all?

She is fully up to date and is in for boosters in 2 weeks with her Hubby and was spayed at earliest opportunity, she is now 2. She is still the usual happy girl she always is and I have just checked her teeth and she seems fine. She has been settled with Bruce for a year now and no changes in her life since then.

Did wonder if it was nesting for a phantom but after watching her she just seems to be having fun unless anyone could think of anything to be checked.

Will def get her teeth checked by vet when in but our two are spoilt and treated better than most kids so I would be gutted if we have missed anything and she is not well

my girls adore digging in their carrier...and also dig in their litter trays...for pure fun! Obviously as Sky-O say - if there has been any changes etc or her theeth etc then get it all checked out...but if she appears to be having fun - perhaps she has just discovered this wonderful new way of digging...;)

It appears just to be fun after watching her closely today. just think i'll have to get her a digging box as the litter tray, although cleaned out don't half smell when she starts rooting.

Thanks all as usual

Yeti has started doing the exact same thing. She has been spayed and teeth are fine. She is nearly two years old now and has only just started doing this in the past few weeks! I wouldnt mind but it means i have to keep hoovering the carpet multiple times during the day lol!

Back