• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dobby 5/06-10/11

rngpwelfare

Mama Doe
Dobby our funny little cat was cruelly taken from us on Tuesday in a road traffic accident. :cry::cry::cry:

Dobby didn't have the best start in life and only came in to our lives as fate seemed to have a hand.
We had spent months trying to get a couple of cats only to be turned down by the Rspca due to having dogs. So I turned to my vets, they found us Sirius who was being looked after by the Cpl in Northampton. Six months later I happened to be in the vets when a off duty police woman came in with a kitten that had caused a car accident by escaping from the cardboard box he was being taken to a rescue in.
I said if no-one claims him and he passes a blood test against any nasties as we didn't want to put Sirius at risk then we'd have him. Shortly after Dobby came to live with us.

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

But Dobby came with problems and spent the first 6 months with us living in a dog crate :( he had been weaned on to a diet of tinned salmon, tuna, and pilchards that had damaged his digestive system. We had times with him just passing blood and he had terrible diarrhoea, we nearly lost him on more than one occasion. Amy loved him and spent hours cleaning him up and giving him his meds. Although Amy's cleaning him up sometimes meant giving him a bath he just took everything and didn't even put up a fight like most cats would have. She must have also bought every toy she could but he didn't know how to play, and to the day he died never really got the hang of it.

Dobby.jpg

Because Dobby was so sickly we used to have to weigh him at the vets every week and this became Dobby's highlight of the week, while I was dealing with rabbits and guineas he was either sat on the scales in the other room or on the receptionists knee. :love::love: they loved him with a passion. :D
Eventually we managed to sort him and he got to the stage where he could be neutered and vaccinated. But he has always loved going and sitting in those scales, even being health checked in them every year before his vaccination, the staff at the vets have always loved him amd looked forward to seeing him.

We have battled with his weight for years since he piled it on once neutered, but some of that was down to his stressing at being outside and he didn't cope if Amy wasn't around and some was finding a diet with no fish in it.

DSC00026.jpg

Amy being in Peru this summer caused a few problems and we spent 4 weeks with the house being sprayed with Feliway to keep him calm.

Dobby you have left a huge hole in our hearts, we're cried so many tears since you died on Tuesday, you where taken far to young. All your friends at the vets have been in tears and also our friends who loved our funny little cat. We will always remember your silly ways and your beautiful eyes. Have fun at the bridge wobble find our other special cats and take our love to them until we can be there to stroke you all again.

335336541.jpg

Last edited:
I am so very sorry you have lost such a beautiful little boy. How ironic that he came to you and left you in the way he did.

He was clearly loved and made such an impact on your lives.

Play safe at The Bridge Dobby. Taken way too soon.

A lovely tribute too xx

Oh my goodness, I never thought I would be reading this Tracy, you and the rest of your family, particular;y Amy must be totally devastated at losing Dobby, he was an absolute darling, such a beautiful cat but what a wonderful life he had with you and your family, what on earth would have happened to him if you hadn't taken him in, I am so very, very sorry that he has gone, so young

Run free at the bridge Dobby, all better and mended running free at the bridge in the bright sunshine, have fun xxx

I'm so sorry Tracy. :( Dobby was obviously loved very much and I'm so sorry you lost him after all you'd been through with him. :cry::cry:

Sleep well Dobby. xxx

I don't come in to post often, but your lovely kitty caught my eye and I couldn't leave without adding my sympathies at his loss. I'm so sorry he has gone to the bridge, but so glad he had such a loving family to care for him while he was here.
Sleep tight Dobby, watch over your loved ones until you can be reunited with them again.

Back