• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best way to soothe/heal sore patches on bun?

Tinsel

Wise Old Thumper
The swelling caused by the myxi looks as if it's almost bleeding - what would be a safe way to accelerate healing? The sores are close to her eyes and on her mouth so it must be safe for those areas.. :?

You could put some Lacrilube around her eyes

Anything you put on the ones on/near her lips will just get licked off and may actually aggravate things by making her lick her sore lips even more I think :?

ETA not sure if Blistex would be suitable for her lips :? You'd need to run that one by a Vet first

Last edited:
we used teatree ointment for rabbits and small furries (available from various outlets) on ours -

not right on the yes though.

also aloe vera gel for animals

When I had Bella a few years ago I was recommended to put sudocrem on the nodules ( I've used that on a large 'scar' from an abcess too) my only reservation would be that I'm not sure about the eyes .

I think you'd be best to ask your vets first, see what they recommend.

When I had Bella a few years ago I was recommended to put sudocrem on the nodules ( I've used that on a large 'scar' from an abcess too) my only reservation would be that I'm not sure about the eyes .

I think you'd be best to ask your vets first, see what they recommend.

Thanks to all! :wave:

My vets keep saying there's nothing more they can do but I have an appointment Monday evening with my most rabbit-savvy vet so should get more help out of him than I have from the others. :)

Back