• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any idea why......

Andie17

Warren Scout
Mr H has started to use one of my sofas as a litter tray? Never done this before!!!! He is 5 months neutered his routine and environment not changed. I have cleaned sofa with bicarb, vinegar, ariel, daz and have now had them dried cleaned, even had the seat and back cushions cleaned. One of his litter trays is only two feet from this sofa where it has always been but he still wants to wee and poo on sofa. At a loss as to what to do next and OH not too happy :( any suggestions would be great thanks:)

Mr H has started to use one of my sofas as a litter tray? Never done this before!!!! He is 5 months neutered his routine and environment not changed. I have cleaned sofa with bicarb, vinegar, ariel, daz and have now had them dried cleaned, even had the seat and back cushions cleaned. One of his litter trays is only two feet from this sofa where it has always been but he still wants to wee and poo on sofa. At a loss as to what to do next and OH not too happy :( any suggestions would be great thanks:)

How long ago was he neutered? Only thing I can say is maybe his hormones haven`t died down yet, they take several weeks/months. I had my bun neutered four weeks ago and hes decided lately he like to chew everything and hoping it will die down in a few more weeks

takes at least 4 weeks for a neuter buck to stop scent marking..but be warned...some remaim the same! our woozle did but then he wasnt easy to toilet train and prefferred to wee and poop all over the sette nothing else.
I realised it was where all our visitors would sit and my elderly mum who had urinary tract infections..apaently they can even smell the wee if no human can..and buns are attracted to smeel of human urine...newborn babies even.

Also if you have any other pets or have someone who visits who has other pets....its still a scent marking issue.

my first bun weed in her tray..even ran down the stairs inot the lounge into her cage to use it as a cat had fallen alseep in her upstairs one. so to inform the cats ok this was her territory now cos of her cage..shed poo all over the lounge carpet..all the time! no wees or poops anywhere else..wees in tray..poops on floor...it was like a giant dot to dot puzzle:lol:

we have conflicting buns...all live seprately upstairs except for the two frenchies downstairs. berties always been a dirty flirty bertie....wees to scent mark or to inform you he is not amused!! poos wherever...even in his sleep...but i love him.
bluebell poops in her tray wees in her tray and doesnt even wee where hes weed..no but both her and bertie will wee all over their bedding in the dog crate even though the doors open all the time and the litter trays virtually inside the crate making it a shorter distance for berties arthritis.

some buns just decide to go there.

if you have visitors hell have decided it smellls wrong and they need to be put in their place! He may object to hairspray..perfume..body spray...deodorant....aftershave....etc etc........theyre fickle creatures!

i have a lovely litle girlie bun whos almost 5..i adopted her a few months or so ago now...and shes so cuddly...gets into bed and washes next to me then lays down fettsies out behind her to go to slepe..other times she will snuggle into me and snore loudly. BUT after me boasting for so long how she only poops on my bed never wees on it...she did it right in front of me when wed had a realy long cuddle! luckily ive learnt over the years..cats peuking in my bed and the odd bunny wee....i have a waterproof cover on my mattress.....its not the old horrible tpe..its amzing and terry towelling covered..doesnt make you sweat and is totally noiseless.
have you considered covering the furniture whilst buns on loose...or put in playpen when youre not in the room to sueprvise closely?

i have wee covered bedroom carpet...its an ongoing prob as i have hoebe who unbonded from merlin also in my bedroom.

some folks told me to put a litter tray up there....but i say it wont work if its an ongoing issue making wees!

He was neutered nearly three weeks ago so hopefully it's that, I was surprised as he didn't do this before neuter and was so easy to litter train not even any stray poops!! X watching him like a hawk now and not allowing him on sofa as OH not amused......oops:shock:

Back