• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Harley

lauraj27

Warren Scout
I went to give Harley his greens which he normally goes mad for, but he just laid there looking very uncomfortable and completely uninterested in them. Took him straight to the vets, who said his tummy felt firm rather than bloated/gassy. He was given a painkiller along with a gut stimulent. As soon as we got him home he started grinding his teeth, but since then he has eaten some of his greens, a little hay and some of his dried food. I've now got a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel next to him. He's going back to the vets in the morning but I am so worried about him!

have you got some thing that gently vibrates?:shock: like an electric toothbrush? if you gently rub on the tummy this can help:thumb: works with the piggies:D

Update

Harley ate hay, his dried food and some his favourite treats overnight, so thankfully we didn't have to syringe him. He did some droppings and they were heavily laden with fur to begin with, which is extremely strange as he appeared to have finished moulting and gets groomed with a brush every day. I cleaned him out when we got home from the vets and found in his cage there were several "string of pearls".

He went back to the vet today, who checked him over and said he was more comfortable on his tummy and it was nowhere near as tight as yesterday. He didn't seem to think that Harley required any further injections today, but is willing to set aside some metacam for us if we feel Harley needs it.

I am so pleased to read he is feeling better. You can't help but worry. Sending lots of (((healing vibes))) xxx

I'm constantly worrying as unfortunately we lost two rabbits to stasis years ago. It does seem much more himself which great to see. As much I love him and the other bunnies I have, they do at times drive me within an inch of my sanity but I wouldn't change them for the world

Back