• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New vets..opinions please?

lilgems91

Mama Doe
Thinking of switching vets for cupcake and benji.

The one they are at now only has one rabbit savvy-ish vet, but if there is an out of hours emergency I have to travel 30 minutes to get them seen, which isnt so good, as time is crucial!

Have found another vets in my area which claim to be "The only Veterinary Hospital in Shrewsbury, providing 24 hour nursing care to all of our in-patients".

This is their website: http://www.pearlvetgroup.co.uk/index.php

What do you RU'ers think?? :)

They say to ring if you need any advice ect, but I couldnt just ring and ask whether they have nay rabbit savvy vets..could I!? :lol:

Would appreciate any advice on this topic, the vets issue has been bugging me for ages :oops:

Thinking of switching vets for cupcake and benji.

The one they are at now only has one rabbit savvy-ish vet, but if there is an out of hours emergency I have to travel 30 minutes to get them seen, which isnt so good, as time is crucial!

Have found another vets in my area which claim to be "The only Veterinary Hospital in Shrewsbury, providing 24 hour nursing care to all of our in-patients".

This is their website: http://www.pearlvetgroup.co.uk/index.php

What do you RU'ers think?? :)

They say to ring if you need any advice ect, but I couldnt just ring and ask whether they have nay rabbit savvy vets..could I!? :lol:

Would appreciate any advice on this topic, the vets issue has been bugging me for ages :oops:

I have no first hand knowledge of the practice but I think it is perfectly acceptable to phone and ask questions re Rabbit Savvy Vets. It is what I would do as without a recommendation from an established Rabbit owner who is already a client phoning and asking appropriate questions is the only way you will find out :)

Ive just checked back to the thread I did a few weeks back..thanks so much, thats really useful :)

The thing that annoys me is that all the vets in my area classify cats and dogs as their "main" patients, but rabbits are common pets and becoming more and more popular pets. Sometimes they make you feel silly for asking questions, as some vets class them as "only rabbits"

Grrr, rant over lol! xx

Ive just checked back to the thread I did a few weeks back..thanks so much, thats really useful :)

The thing that annoys me is that all the vets in my area classify cats and dogs as their "main" patients, but rabbits are common pets and becoming more and more popular pets. Sometimes they make you feel silly for asking questions, as some vets class them as "only rabbits"

Grrr, rant over lol! xx

I can understand a non-bunny person thinking they're only rabbits, but a vet?! My vet's website says: "We deal solely with dogs, cats, rabbits, and other small domestic pets." And they are serious, however small - there's a nice story on there about a hamster with a broken leg that they recently helped to a full recovery. They were very sensitive when I took my syrian to be cremated, other people just laughed! They also have one vet in particular who's described as particularly interesed in exotics, who treated Finx (and me!) really well when she went into statis following her spay.

It's so important to have a vet you can trust, I'm happy with mine! I hope you find the answers to all the questions you have up to scratch! :wave:

Back