• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone got this hutch?

A forum friend of mine has this hutch and loves it, and I know I have seen someone on here with one. Pets at Home hutches are a bit hit a miss, yes, but this is one of the better designs. The Poppy Den and Guiena Pig den are the really poor quality ones (ie. one gust of wind and they are over :roll:), but the one you linked and Rose Cottage are much more solid. My pigs are in a P@H hutch, the Lavender Lodge (which isn't made any more :() and its brilliant. They have been in it 2 years nearly and its still good as new.

My sister had this hutch for her rabbits, it survived a litter of young babies but was later destroyed by one teenage bunny who ate a hole all the way through the side and escaped! However, since then it has been securely patched up and is being used as a base for a friend's pair. I think it is better suited to guinea pigs than rabbits :) I have no idea how my sister managed to let the hole get big enough for an escape without noticing :shock: Not impressed!

Having seen that hutch in use, it seems very flimsy to me. If you get it you will obviously need to do the normal pet shop hutch reinforcements, like bolts, and weather proofing, etc.

There are better, more sturdier hutches around though, in my experience.

looks nice for piggies :thumb:
but im not sure it be very well made from pets at home i got an bigish indoor one a few years ago for £79 from pah
it lasted just but i dunno just seems flimsy and not worth it :(
im trying to sell it but not had no luck atm

Ok thank you :) I've read the reviews and some people think it's good and some think it's not, so I don't really know. I'd like another 6ft hutch (possibly 5ft if I can't find a 6ft hutch) but I don't like my rabbit hutch because it's too big and heavy and difficult to move so I don't want to get another one from happy hutch. I think I'll keep looking :)
How big is the hutch in ft? Sorry, I can never work out measurements by the ones they give on the pets at home website.

I have a very similar one if not the same one, its FAB I have 5 pigs in their, have to do a slight modification to the ramo but easily done!

I have u on fb? look in my guina pig albums there should be pics in one of them x

Back