• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

made my run covers

pinkyblare

Alpha Buck
well i managed to get hold of some used plastic sheeting from work today and i really wanted to get the permanent smaller runs that are attached to the shed/wendy house covered for when we are out and its raining - the buns get free range for hour or so at night when i am home before dark and have trixie runs which i open out from the door of the wendy house and from the run doors on the shed but we are out at work a lot and the buns at night go in the run on the house a lot whilst we not in but they have been getting soaked in all the rain we have been having, so decided to do the covers, will then fill them small runs with straw in winter and inserts some blankets underneath, obviously they will still get free range as much as possible but wanted the secure runs kitted out for winter whilst we are at work and they still want to come out i have doubled the plastic polythene over to make sure stronger and used staple gun to attach plus made front a roll up and down for when the weather changes in winter

2011-10-14182117.jpg

2011-10-14182100.jpg

i am please with how its turned out and its quite neat and tidy :) i just want to exchange the trixie runs now for something with a top on so i can cover that and leave it so they can have 24 hr access to that one too but am saving for that now least they still have the hexagon ones for now i can just use whilst at home and they can still free range as much as possible just trying make the winter a bit more exciting for them with the dark nights coming i want a rectangular lidded run so they can have that also with a plastic cover on but i am working on it one step at a time :wave:

Last edited:
They look brilliant! I'm about to embark on something similar with mine, I have the same sort of sheeting, and a giant tarpaulin to work with. Your pictures are really helpful, well done!

well after some gale winds and big down pour i have pools of water on the runs so this weekend i will be raising the tops of the plastic on runs so water runs off somehow plus need to find way of securing that front flap down my goodness we just had big big downpour runs have stayed dry though so done trick but needs some adjustments work in progress :oops:;)

Back