• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grunting noise - game or defensive

carolineclair

Warren Scout
Hi all

Bit of a strange question but do you think if a rabbit was fearful she would run and hide as opposed to confront and continue the 'game'

Basically whenever maple scratches at the carpet near my lounge door I've started going over and tapping her bottom and encouraging her to move or picking her up and physically moving her. When I tap her bottom shes started jumping 180 degrees so I tapped her again and she did it again, basically becoming a little game, however in the past two days she's been making a grunting noise as I do it. She is never aggressive but I'm now ( just been thinking) worried that maybe she's not enjoying this and it's actually a defensive/ aggressive grunt. What do u think? Would she run away if she wasn't playing?!

She enjoys chasing my feet in circles if I spin them about in the air so she is a playful bunny, always wanting attention and jumping around me. I just want to get a second opinion before I a) upset her too much or b) I get bitten!!

Xx

i dont think its anything to worry about scooter use to do it when playing or if he was being grumpy never fully got wat it meant but ive not hear him do it ages.

he use to do it when i told him off. :roll:

Milly only ever grunts if I annoy her (like stop her breaking MY stuff or try to groom her! :lol: )

Yep she's cross. Why don't you give her a box with old towels in to dig in :D

Ditto this ^

Your bun is digging in her favourite spot and you are peeing her off!

Laying loose carpet tiles over your carpet is a good way of stopping buns causing damage, especially in corners

or a littertray with paper and straw/hay in ..on that very spot? our frenchie used to spin round and grunt when she got told off... i think its just like a teenager saying "WHAT???"......:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bramble grunts when i tell her off too. I just see it as her having a teenage moan. Then she goes back to doing what she was doing in the first place to get another telling off! :roll: I find it funny :lol:

Annoyingly her favourite digging spot is right in front of the lounge door so anything I put there prevents me from getting on or out, I'll have a go though maybe if she begins to attach to the boxed area I can then slowly relocate it!! I have had door mats there but she DESTROYS them!!!! Literally pulls all the threads through so there's nothing left but a ball of thread!!!

Back