• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good Bye Hay Monster (and Sooty and Sweep)

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
Dear Hay Monster (and Sooty and Sweep),

I remember when you arrived, a very tiny, very small, very sick little bunny who couldn't bear any human contact.

Over the last 11 months I have watched you change from that very tiny, very small, very sick little bunny and blossom into a handsome, healthy, sociable friend.

You've been living in our living room since February last year and became a key part of the family, for all of us. You started off nervous, but nosey. Then you gradually learnt that actually, we weren't too bad, and then that we could be quite good, and then firstly that dad gave you good strokes and eventually, you liked strokes from all of us, liked our company, enjoyed life and were so relaxed.

Despite all that, you were very lonely and you needed some friends.

When we finally got the bonding going and learnt and figured out about Sooty and Sweep you flourished. You got a beautiful gloss on your fur and were happier than I have ever seen you.

Today you left us.

As you left I whispered in your ear how much I loved you, how I would always be there for you and how I would always help if you needed me.

It's true. For you, and for Sooty and Sweep too. You've all lived here, you all have a place here, you all have my support, thoughts and whatever is needed for as long as you live.

Hay Monster, I aim to see you so very soon. I hope, for all of you, that your new home is filled with everything you have become used to here, and more.

Please know though, I'll always be here for all of you, no matter what. I'll always love you. I'll always have a space for you. Whatever you need from me guys, I shall give.

I wish you luck, and a life time of happiness.

See you soon guys.

Forever members of my crew,

All my love,

Tracy
xxx

20111014_2.jpg

20111014_1.jpg

20111014_5.jpg

20111014_22.jpg

20111014_69.jpg

20111014_72.jpg

20111014_80.jpg

Last edited:
What gorgeous pics and such a positive story. I love the one with Hay Monsterr squished between Sooty and Sweep!

Hope you enjoy your new life Hay Monster.

I have so much respect for you Tracy, all you do for the Rabbits who come into your care is awe inspiring.

I really hope that the trio have long and happy lives in their new home.

I suspect today cannot have been easy for you.....................

OMG that's just gorgeous :love: it's moved me to tears, but happy tears :) they look so happy together :love: good luck Hay Monster, Sooty and Sweep, and hugs for you Tracy, it must have been hard to say goodbye xxx

Thanks guys.

Hay Monster (and therefore Sooty and Sweep) were the last thought on my mind when I drifted off, and also my very first thought as soon as I woke up (which happened multiple times in the night).

what beautiful buns :love:

I don't know the story, were you always planning on finding them new homes, or was it a recent decision? I'm sure it was a very hard decision either way :(

Back