• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hummmm

ShazzaBunny

Warren Veteran
I got a row from the vet :oops:

On a Friday my usual vet has a day off and it was the lady vet who covers a Friday, i dont like her much (have had run ins with her before). Took a bunny in for a myxo jag today and i got the third degree :shock: :oops:

Does this bunny live in the house (no, in a shed)
Does it get out in the run daily (no only in nice weather)
Oh so does the bunny get natural light (through a window and the door when its open for fresh air)
Windows are not natural light :)shock:)
Sheds are not ideal because there is no air flow or natural light :)shock:)

I was really annoyed actually, would she rather i went to a pet shop, bought a rabbit, didnt spay or vaccinate and kept in a 3ft hutch so it had "natural light and air flow"

Erm check my records love, i have multiple rabbits (some disabled) i have been using the same vet for years, i am experienced and knowledgeable and i care about my rabbits very much, i am not some "i fancy a rabbit coz they are cute" owner.

Geez its good she is promoting good rabbit welfare, however, check the records, see who your client is :roll: she made me feel cruel for giving my rabbits a massive shed and shelter from the weather :(

Sounds like she missed the lectures on 'tableside manner' when she was at Uni !!

I had a row with her when i was treating Flynn too when he was severe with head tilt. She belittled me then too, despite knowing his records (back on his feet after paralysis, numerous major ops and a lot of intense home care), she treated me like an idiot then too. *note to self dont see the vet on a Friday*

try ignore her comments - YOU know that you have the buns best interests at heart...and she obviously is one of the "know-it-all" with an attitude kinda people:roll:...there are ways of asking and advising without making people feel like idiots...! yeah - try give fridays a miss!:lol:

I have indoor buns, so if windows don't count they have no natural light either..... :shock:

Back