• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Albies snuffles/weighloss; Updated started injections

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
I had Albie to the Vets today. His Snuffles has flared up this week quite badly. His nose/face/paws are wet and sticky. He's also had an odour to him and has been producing sticky poos (more than normal) Vet said he's obviously stressed, recently loosing his partner (who used to help groom him) so he's stopped cleaning himself and she thinks the sticky poos are due to a lack of fibre? She said to not overfeed pellets and to tempt him with lots of hay and leavy green veg/herbs. He's also lost 200grams in weight and is on the skinny side.

She's given him two injections today (baytril and metacam) and wants me to start treating him with baytril and metacam till he returns. She's also given me some bio lapis for his water.

Will see how he goes and change meds to stronger if needed. She said something may be underlaying but for now we need to sort his Snuffles and weight.

How can I improve his fibre intake?

Last edited:
shredded veggies hidden in hay, spraying hay with apple juice. forage ( hawthorn, dandelions, plantain), different hays

Have you tried the pro fibre pellets?

Would the pellets help? I could try the recovery.

He has been a dental bun, but has no spurs. She checked his teeth today. Although she did say they can't see right to the back. Which I know.

Would the pellets help? I could try the recovery.

He has been a dental bun, but has no spurs. She checked his teeth today. Although she did say they can't see right to the back. Which I know.

Not entirely sure as Granite wouldn't eat them. My other lot scoffed the lot :( a very expensive lesson, bunnies can jump lol)

Bless him :( My Lottie is struggling at the moment too, worse than shes ever been with her snuffles.

Sending lots of nose rubs for Albie. Maybe hes lonely? xx

Thankyou.

Becky sorry to hear that :(

Jane did you mean elongated tooth roots? Im wondering if i should have xrays done on him?

Albie returned to the Vets last week and we decided to carry on with the Baytril. The discharge had moved to only one nostril. He had no weight gain. So we decided to start feeding 5-6meals a day of Critical Care.

We returned today, a week later. Hes put gone from 1.15kg to 1.19kg, so a little increase. His chest is still clear but his nose hasnt improved. We've started Depocillin injections every other day for 7-10days maybe longer, depending on how he reacts. Hes also still on CC and Metacam.

Fingers crossed xx

Back