• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Am NEVER Going to Attempt to Bond Aisling Again :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
She has now attacked 4 Bucks and today she has SERIOUSLY bitten John-Boy.

Just off to Vets now

Aisling will have to remain a single Rabbit

Slate me all you like

Not everybun likes other rabbits.

No slating required.

You do your best, if it doesn't work out, you know what to do :) A single bun isnt the end of the world.

Vibes for John Boy.

Why would we slate you?! Oh my word, you've tried four buns and none have worked, you have to do your best by all of your buns and Aisling is deffo best on her own as she must be under emotional stress too. Massive vibes for John-Boy. I hope everyone's ok, including you. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

aww some buns just hate some others. You can't help it. Blossom got along with my boy bunnies fine but had a huge fight with my other female and got her ear slit in half. :cry: I was devastated, it's awful seeing them get hurt.

Come on Jane, you know no-one will slate you. Plenty of us have had indoor single rabbits.

Sorry to hear this has happened - you can only try these things.

Poor John-Boy and poor Aisling. If a bun decides they want to be alone I say leave them be unless they 'tell' you otherwise. She is obviously happier on her own. I hope JB isn't too sore. x

One of my ex foster bunnies refused 4 males and is now living as a single bunny, surrounded by a whole lot of other bunnies. For some bunnies it's just the best solution. Hope John-Boy will recover quickly.

No slating!!

Aisling is an independent woman who doesn't need a man to keep her happy.

Just like her mummy!!

;)

Hope John-Boy is okay.

We have Dill-the-unbondable here so we know the problem of single rabbits!

Why would anyone slate you?! You tried to do the best for the buns. I've just had my own bonding disaster (degus, but still) so right now I know just how awful it is to feel like you've hurt them when you only wanted to make them happy :cry:

Aisling will be happy on her own, she has plenty of friends nearby! Sending lots of vibes for John-Boy xx

Thanks, I just know that some people have very black and white opinions about single Rabbits. Also, I was/am so upset that JB is hurt :cry: He is such a nervous Rabbit and he is quite traumatised :cry:

He has had the wound cleaned and stapled and he is on pain relief and abx.

I just hope the trauma wont send him into gut stasis again :cry:

Lots and lots of speedy recovery vibes for John Boy xxxxx

Don't beat yourself up about Aisling - some of us ladies are happy without a partner :)

I hope John Boy remains stable. All these years we laughed at Mr Bean and his humping. It sounds as though he had to to keep her under control!:shock:

Sorry she is giving you so much stress. I think she has made it clear that she doesn't want a partner and would rather be alone. There is nothing you can do to change that.

Poor John Boy, hope his ear is better soon.

How were you to know what would happen, afterall Aisling loved her Mr Bean. Bunnies are strange. Took Mr Bennett 3 times before he had a successful bond. He still has a tendancy to chase, when food is involved. Cutie-pie is the girl that handles him, the other 2 females were scared of him.

Who would think creatures so cute and beautiful could sometimes be so mean to each other.:shock:

I hope John Boy remains stable. All these years we laughed at Mr Bean and his humping. It sounds as though he had to to keep her under control!:shock:

Sorry she is giving you so much stress. I think she has made it clear that she doesn't want a partner and would rather be alone. There is nothing you can do to change that.

I think Mr Bean's humping is something that is playing a part in how Aisling is now :? She gave Colonel Colin and Dermot the benefit of the doubt until they tried to hump her. Then she went on all out attack. With Rodney and John-Boy it was immediate attack, no questions asked :cry:

I am not even going to try her with William, he is a very frail 8.5 year old 1.5kg Bunny. She could easily kill him :cry:

Poor John Boy, hope his ear is better soon.

How were you to know what would happen, afterall Aisling loved her Mr Bean. Bunnies are strange. Took Mr Bennett 3 times before he had a successful bond. He still has a tendancy to chase, when food is involved. Cutie-pie is the girl that handles him, the other 2 females were scared of him.

Who would think creatures so cute and beautiful could sometimes be so mean to each other.:shock:

It's not his ear, she ripped the skin from under his front leg, along his chest :cry:

Hopefully the fact that it is 'just' skin and not muscle that has been damaged he will heal quickly without complications. I always worry about abscesses though.

No slating!!

Aisling is an independent woman who doesn't need a man to keep her happy.

Just like her mummy!!

;)

:thumb:

Some of them just don't like other buns. The last two I've had have been singles, I would have oved to see thwm with a partner but it doesn't always work out that way.

It's not his ear, she ripped the skin from under his front leg, along his chest :cry:

Hopefully the fact that it is 'just' skin and not muscle that has been damaged he will heal quickly without complications. I always worry about abscesses though.

Don't know why I thought ear.:oops:

Gosh that is some attack. Poor John Boy, but he has you to look after him.

aaah Jane - you can only but try to offer various friends fro our bunnies...we are just lucky if they happen to like each other...i feel sorry for both Aisling and John Boy....hope they both are ok xxx

Back