• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fudge......UPDATE downhill again... HOME!! Eaten her dinner :D

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
My poor wee girl isnt eating and refused her metacam, thats when i know its bad :(
Got the metacam into her eventually but she didnt want it!

She has peed on her bed and its a thickish orange/yellow colour, not really thick but not normal watery pee! Plus she rarely pees outside her litter try!! Ive put veg down to encourage her. I think she may have a problem with too much calcium but there is really not much i can do about her diet!

She will not eat hay, tried them all and nothing, she eats some dried herbs but not loads, she eats all her pellets and she loves veg but veg can give her a upset tummy so to help get more fluid into her with veg would mean a very very messy bum and sore tummy :(

Is there anything i can do to help her diet? She is fed her daily protion of pellets over 3 meals so her gut movements dont slow down! She has unlimited dried herbs but doesnt eat loads of them!

Hopefully she gets better tonight or its off to the vets :( and if she gets better then i need to help her and change her diet! Its just not working for her anymore! She is getting too much calcium from her pellets but if i cut down on pellets she will be eating almost nothing and will lose weight again!

Vibes for my poorly girl would be greatful and if there is any advice on her diet would be great!

ETA: Ive heard of protexin pro-fibre tablets (Sp?) would they be beneficial?

Last edited:
Fudge vibes

Sending all my wishes to your fudge really hope someone on here can help you out as i have no idea about anything like this but hope fudge gets better soon

Sending vibes for poorly Fudge, and thinking of you. xxx

My Spenser isn't a great hay eater, but much better than he used to be. It has been a very slow gradual change with him, so don't give up on Fudge eating hay long-term.

Awww :( i must have missed your thread :? Will be thinking of you and mabel! Hope all poorly buns start getting better and Nomming their yummy food! xx

thanks mum's been tempting her tonight, abit of toast abit of carrot, normally she would of scoffed the lot straight away

thanks mum's been tempting her tonight, abit of toast abit of carrot, normally she would of scoffed the lot straight away

Same with fudge :( She has a big bowl of veg and lots of pellets which would normally be gone within 10mins but not tonight :( Its so worrying having a bun, not been able to do anything without worrying about her! Think she is getting annoyed with me checking on her every 10 mins :roll:

Will keep an eye on your thread for a positive update :wave:

Thanks eveyone for the vibes, Fudge needs to get better so she can meet her man again :(

Try not to let her see how worried you are as some buns are really sensitive and can pick up on our feelings. Fudge is really close to you, isn't she?

Try not to let her see how worried you are as some buns are really sensitive and can pick up on our feelings. Fudge is really close to you, isn't she?

Yeh very close, shes by my side at every chance she gets! First thing in the morning she waits for me by the bed and follows me to the bathroom and waits by the door :love:

Im trying not to be too worried around her but i just hate these days :cry: Its always so stressing seeing her like that! Just wish she sould tell me whats wrong so i can fix it!

Ive told her if she doesnt get better tonight she will be going to see the lady with the jaggy thing and might not be at home tomorrow :roll: If only she could understand :lol:

Still Not any better :cry:

I think i will be lucky of she makes it through the night :cry::cry:

I syringed some water into her and she seemed to enjoy it, just thought it might help get things moving! Didnt want to give her mushed food incase of a blockage! She has had her full dose of metacam at 7.30 but she still seems in a bit of pain!

She is still fiesty and runs away so until she deteriorates (sp?) i will leave her to see if things get any better! If not i will be straight to the vets! Just want to give her a chance!

My rabbits savvy vet said to give 12-24 hours with metacam and then try zantac! I have zantac but i dont know if i can still use it! Ive had it for over a year stored in a dark container!

Should i try zantac or should i try gripe water incase she has some gas?

Any advice? I know most people will say to take her straight to the vet but im giving her a chance as she is still alert! she is pushing her tummy to the ground though! Keep checking on her! But im kind of expecting the worst :cry: :cry::cry:

Is the Zantac in the container the vets gave it out in? It will probably have an expiry date. I *think* it has quite a long date on it (but I might be confusing it with Domperidone's shelf life).

I don't know what to advise otherwise, I can't bear the worrying phase so I always just whisk them off to the vets if they persist with looking in pain for more than about an hour, then I get the reassurance of the vet feeling their abdomen and/or x-rays etc. I know you've been there enough times to know the score though :(

I hope she starts to improve soon.

The power of RU vibes have worked wonders :thumb:

She started eating around 3/4 this morning, still grinding her teeth but eating is good! And yeh i didnt sleep very well last night, was up most of it sitting with her!

Ate all her breakfast this morning and she was happy to take her metacam so im glad i trusted my instinct to not stress her by taking her to the vets. Got home from work and she was still grinding her teeth a little but was very alert and came to see me, nibbled some food and done BIG bunny flops on her fav fluffy blanket :love:

Dinner time she scoffed all of her pellets (she gets dinner time pellets soaked in boiled water) and went mental for her metacam :love:

Had plenty of Poops and ive been given lots and lots of bunny kisses :love:

Thank you RU, i think youve helped again :thumb: Glad she is ok now, last night i was thinking the worst :roll: Glad it didnt end that way! Just nice to see my baby happy again :D

thats great im sure the vibes do help, mabel is munching abti more too now, she ate her supper in the end, and finally her breakfast
and has even had a run around my room, and got excited when mum came in, got her herb treats from PAH she ate

Back