• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have you always wanted rabbits?

Shellypops

Wise Old Thumper
I didn't I was a cat person. I had Bunnies as a child. But always longed for a cat or a dog, keeping Bunnies has been a happy accident.

Ian bought Bobby home, I got Carlo from honey bunnys as a mate, and the rest is history, I think I always have buns in my life! :love:

Nope. I was into guinea pigs. Then my sister brought home a rabbit. The novelty soon wore off and she'd often say ' Can you clean out Charlie while your cleaning out your guinea pigs.'

I then realised how amazing rabbits could be :love:... I got two more :oops:... Then more:lol:... Before I knew it it was an addiction :love::lol:

Nope. I was into guinea pigs as a teenager. Then my sister brought home a rabbit. The novelty soon wore off and she'd often say ' Can you clean out Charlie while your cleaning out your guinea pigs.'

I then realised how amazing rabbits could be :love:... I got two more :oops:... Then more:lol:... Before I knew it it was an addiction :love::lol:
15 years later, I'll never be without them now :love:

My parents bought my first bunny and piggy when I was two, so I have sort of grown up with them, I don't think I requested them as such, I think they wanted them more than I did :lol:

I had them until I was 7, when we moved to a place without a garden, so I had a three and a half year break from rabbits while I lived there. I got another bunny and piggy at 11, as a bribe to clean my room :lol: Then I've just had them since.

After Islay, Jura and Arran, I don't think I want anymore. I think I have outgrown small pets for now.

I had never really even thought about having a rabbit to be honest as wasn`t much of a pet person. I got my bun because my ex called me bunny and bun wun :oops: and the more I looked up on them the more I wanted one.

I fell in love with a picture of my boy and the lady was only a few minutes walk from my house, so it felt like it was meant to be. He started off as being mine and my boyfriends pet, but as soon as we got him we split up.

He kept me going after the split, looking after him, doing binkys. So my ex did me a favour and I love my boy loads. I got Flopsy to evntually bond with my boy as I`m looking for full time work so he won`t get as much attention.

Nope, i always wanted a rescue cat but my Mum wouldn't allow it. I think she regrets that now *lol*

Ever since I was a child. On my 10th birthday I got my first little black bunny Chloe. :love:

Actually very strange and only thought about it now, but got my son two rescued black bunnies for his 10th birthday.

How weird is that ?

When me and my bro were little my auntie got us a pair of guinea pigs. One died some time later and we got a netherland dwarf to replace it. Then the guinea pig died so we got another guinea pig. My mum was in a pet shop getting food for the pets and there was a sandy coloured cross breed that had its front paws on the bars. we called her Sandy. She bought her home for me in the hope that she would go with our nethie and guinea pig. Obviously that didnt work so we got another hutch. The Nethie died so we put Sandy with our piggie. Then they both died and that was it for a few years.
Then in 2006 my little sister was born and my parents said i could have 2 guinea pigs or 1 rabbit because i was being so good. I chose 2 guinea pigs. a few months later we went the pet shop and i saw Dandilion a grey nethie (my fav bun). My mum woulnt let me have her. Little did i know that she went home and phone the shop and reserved the bunny for my birthday (a few days later). We kept Dandilion and the guineas together. Dandilion had EC and was PTS at not even a year old. My mum said i could get a new bun so got Daisy May a white pointed Lionhead. She was spayed due to aggression. I then got another grey nethie called stanley. They lived together. He died a year or so later closely followed by Daisy. We chucked the hutch away (3.5ft). A year or so later i came accross this site and decided i wanted to keep buns again. I convinced my parents and i got Roo and Ray :) 

In short ive always had buns! 

God knows what happend to the font half way through?

Boris and Hannibal are my first. I wanted a cat, my partner said it was too much responsibility. I also would have liked a dog or a duck.... Both no. Then this year for my Birthday he took me to pets at home to get a rat. I fell for the rabbits. We got the rabbits. I have to say.... They're far more responsibility than a cat!

Wouldn't be without them now tho... Little so.... And so's

my sister started me on buns she had loads of the wild looking buns they wernt wild buns they just looked like them she got them from a show when she was about 10 i was about 4 i remeber her having lots of buns and the odd pig but i carnt rember much tbh
my first bun was called molly english cross she was so cute :) i got her when i was about 13-14 she died at the age of 5 she got mixi had had the jab :( but she had a prolapse bum it wasnt nice :cry:

she started me on the chins too but ive learnt that in future i just stick to buns because they can be litter trained i had no luck with my chins and pig on litter training but they are rodent :lol: but buns are very clever plus i think there easyiest to maintain then some other animals as long as they have a bun friend there happy :) oh and food!

i wish my sister looked after her own bun tho i got left with it shes off in canada thank god she didnt get more :(

Last edited:
when i was 11/12 yrs old, i had my first two (patch and silky ) from my aunt as hers had a litter.At first it was 'well i cant have a dog so a rabbit will do'-bad i know but since then my love of bunnies has grown.i appreciated them alot when i was older though-they've been very therapeutic! now i have honey and charlie :love::love: i never knew how loving rabbits could be and how they have different personalities that vary hugely!

I never wanted a rabbit, but my son has wanted one from a very young age. I eventually gave in last summer when he was 9 as I thought 'How difficult can it be to keep a rabbit? All they need is a hutch, food and water, it will be inexpensive.' So, hubby built a hutch and off to the pet shop we went, where we bought Roxy and some muesli type food recommended by the pet shop. :oops::oops::oops:

Then, I fell in love and started to read up on rabbit care on the advice of my lovely vet, finding RU along the way. In a year, Roxy has gone from a 4 foot hutch, to a playhouse with attached run, to an indoor cage, to an 8' x 6' indoor pen. And the best thing of all is she now has a husbun in Gingersnap from BARC and we are gradually working up to free range once their bond is cemented.

If you'd told me last year that I'd have two buns roaming round my house, I would have laughed my head off! Now, I can't ever imagine life without them :love:

Yes :love: I begged for one when I was 9 as my friend's cousin bred them and offered me one. My dad caved in and I got Bubbles! I've had bunnies ever since, I adore them, I'm now 32 :wave:

I was brought up in a pet-free zone for almost 40 years before I discovered bunny love! My friends bought a rabbit for their kids (yes, I know...) and it was love at first sight for me. :love:

er...no.
I didnt want Mrs.I felt I had a responsibility to her and joined RU to "find out a bit more".
Totally unexpected to then fall madly in love with her and then get 3 more!!!!!!!!!!!!
and its all bloody RUs fault!!!!!!:roll::roll:

No, and if he hadn't been bought for me I don't think I would have ever got one for myself. Wouldn't swap him for anything though :love: Apart from perhaps a unicorn...

No, and if he hadn't been bought for me I don't think I would have ever got one for myself. Wouldn't swap him for anything though :love: Apart from perhaps a unicorn...

Hasn't Hopscotch got enough mane to be a Unibunneh? (please see Lady Jane Willoughby for inspiration)

My sis had some nethies when I was quite young, I played with them, but they were hers.

Any bunneh after that was a family pet. My Mum's always liked buns and isn't a fan of many other animals (she did fall for Gladstone the Piggie though). Jasmine bunneh came with Gladstone Piggie (I know now!), she died, Gladstone was pining so we found him Schumi bunneh. And Eddie was a 'save'. We didn't really need another one, but he was left in a garden centre and we had a big garden and enough love for him, so obviously he came to live with us...:D

My family just like bunnies really! Even the garden-ruining, grumpy ones!!

xx

Back